Wednesday, December 31, 2008

New Years Meme



1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
--Joined the gym
--Attended an HLCCA conference
--Transferred colleges
--Laid ceramic tile
.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Yes, no, and maybe. I tend to only make resolutions that I deem very attainable. This year, I bought more dishes, I did copious amounts of clearance shopping, and I blew my stack on more than one occasion. I didn't always keep fresh flowers on display or eat less chocolate. Also, I did very little decorating. We laid new tile in the den and I bought two wicker accent chairs from the clearance section at Pier 1.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No
.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No

5. What countries did you visit? United States!

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? An associates degree, a job, and a new car. But only one of those things is likely to happen.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Nothing really earthshattering happened this year. Certainly nothing important enough to warrant remembering the exact date. History was made on November 4.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting my interior design certification from GCC.

9. What was your biggest failure? Not buying an external hard drive BEFORE my computer crashed.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I injured my wrist when I fell while roller skating. A few times, I drank too much and threw up. And I had the flu back in February.

11. What was the best thing you bought? See #9

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Kyle's. Whenever he does something wrong, he almost always comes clean before I find out about it.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The Amazon Marketplace seller who didn't send me the book I ordered or respond to my e-mails. I needed this book for a school assignment and had to make do without it. At least I was able to file a claim with Amazon and get my money back.

14. Where did most of your money go? Gas, groceries, mortgage payments, new tires, and dishes.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Going to the HLCCA conference in Minneapolis.

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? "Money" by Pink Floyd.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Happier, thinner, richer.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Activities outside the house

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Goofing off at the computer and procrastinating.

20. How will you be spending Christmas? I don't plan THAT far ahead!

21. Did you fall in love in 2008? No. But I didn't fall out of love, either.

22. How many one-night stands? Zero

23. What was your favorite TV program? Desperate Housewives

24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't care to talk about it.

25. What was the best book you read? "High Rise Living" by Andrew Weaving

26. What was your greatest musical discovery? Probably "Mercy" by Duffy. This is hard since most of the music I like is not from this century.

27. What did you want and get? Adam Carolla back on Phoenix radio; a haircut for Lucas

28. What did you want and not get? Tom Leykis back on Phoenix radio; a haircut for Kyle

29. What was your favorite film of this year? Sex and the City

30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 35. That evening, I attended upholstery class. Gawd, I'm boring!

31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? The feeling of gratification in knowing that we're not upside down on our mortgage because we didn't fritter away our equity on SUVs, vacations, big-screen TVs, or other high ticket frivolities.

32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Gussied up. As an impending designer, I've discovered that it's important to look the part...even at school.

33. What kept you sane? Snuggle time with Jango

34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Owen Wilson

35. What political issue stirred you the most? Proposition 102/Prop 8/gay marriage

36. Who did you miss? Toss up. Either my dad or my grandpa.

37. Who was the best new person you met? My modern architecture instructor at SCC. Great teacher AND an interesting subject. I was bummed when that class was over.

38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. Let my kids solve their own problems.

39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "Money. It's a crime. Share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie" (see #16)

0 comments: