Thursday, December 18, 2008

Family Jargon, Part 4

I hadn't done one of these lists in over six months. In the meantime, I have accumulated enough Family Jargon terms for two additional posts. The first of which is below:

Flowery Girl Smell: This is the scent the Kyle seems to think I emit. I once borrowed his sweatshirt and he implored me to take it off because he thought I was giving it "flowery girl smell".

Parking Spot: My side of the bed. Some evenings, Luke will climb on the bed and watch TV with his dad. When I come upstairs for the night, I'll tell him to shove over because he's "in my parking spot".

Locking It Old School: Having to lock the car doors with the power door lock button because our keyless entry remotes are patently unreliable.

Dinner with The Peeps: Q’s client dinners. Every few months or so, Q’s group has customers who come to town for training. These visits typically last 2 or 3 days. During which time, the group will take the customers out to dinner. Meanwhile, the boys and I will pile in the car and head over to In-N-Out Burger.

Aisle 1: The candy aisle at the North Peoria Super Target. It's bigger than your average grocery store candy section in that it takes up both sides of a very long aisle. Aisle 1 is Lucas’ utopia.

Exploded Clown: This term was coined by the folks at Collectible Medium Green, but we've started using it here at home. An exploded clown occurs when the Fiesta dishes are used, stored, or displayed with little or no thought paid to the colors chosen.

Community Notebook: This is a spiral notebook that doesn’t belong to any one person. It sits on a table and anyone who needs a piece of paper for homework or shopping lists can take it from there. At any given time, we have 2 or 3 community notebooks floating around the house.

Red Rain: Very heavy rain. Lucas derived this term in reference to the Doppler radar maps on the TV weather report, where the locations receiving the heaviest rain are shown in colors ranging from red-orange to maroon.

Family Jargon, Part 1
Family Jargon, Part 2
Family Jargon, Part 3

7 comments:

RainbowDishes said...

OMG, Flowery Girl Smell, that is like instant death for a guy Kyle's age. I would never have wanted to be caught dead with that smell on my clothes!!!

Locking It Old School: My car lock remotes hardly ever work! The last time I replaced a remote battery, the remote broke. So the battery in the second remote went dead shortly after that. I haven't replaced that battery yet...I don't want to break both remotes. But with the ice we are supposed to get today, I might need to change that battery today! It is very nice to be able to open the door when the locks are iced over.

~M said...

HA, I love these. I might have to steal this idea for my blog, if you don't mind. I'm sure my Jargon's won't be as entertaining as yours.

Ms. Val said...

OMG, Flowery Girl Smell, that is like instant death for a guy Kyle's age.

Craig--
You should have heard him when I put on his shoes for two minutes to take out the garbage. What he doesn't understand is that I probably did those shoes a favor.

And as far as the door locks, we could replace the remotes, but I can think of at least a dozen better ways to spend $45.

~M--
We bloggers share ideas all the time. Sometimes we even share content just as long as proper credit is given.

MomAgain said...

I wanna steal, too!!! I love this and am mentally compiling my list of Hannah-isms (and hubby-isms, for that matter).

papa said...

I would never have wanted to be caught dead with that smell on my clothes!!!


LOL Craig! I would think you would still not want a girl's smell on your clothes! I know I sure don't! (it would interefer with the nice barley and hops smell I have now!)

Ms. Val said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ms. Val said...

Kelly--
I don't mind if you use the Family Jargon idea if you don't mind me doing a variation of A Week's Blessings.

Papa--
My son gives my smell far too much credit. He's not around when I'm working up a sweat at the gym, and he doesn't seem to notice when I've been scrubbing toilets and scooping out the litterbox.

Anyway, flowery girl smell is way better smelling like gym socks and farts!

3:42 PM