Monday, December 17, 2007

Sunday at Santa's

Yesterday, we took the boys to Santa's Theme Park at Firebird Raceway, just south of Phoenix. We thought it would be a fun outing with the boys. Besides, Q's company was offering discount passes. This was also the first rain-free weekend we've had in a several weeks.

From one of the Ferris Wheels, we had a lovely view of the traditional late weekend traffic jam on eastbound I-10. I'm sure the roadside attraction didn't exactly help to keep things moving. Anyway, it's a good thing we live in the other direction.


Kyle and his best friend Kolton.

Eat your heart out, Marge Simpson!

According to the park map, this is the biggest Christmas tree in the USA. No size was given, however.

All four guys at the shooting game. The object of this game was to shoot BBs at a piece of paper. To win, the red star at the center of the paper had to disappear entirely.

Quinton you did a great job, but "like a bad marksman, you keep missing the target!" There's still a tiny bit of red left, Dear.

I have never gotten sick on a fair ride before, but this one came close to making me run for the nearest trash can. It went up, down, sideways, and round and round and round.

We have some of the best sunsets in Arizona. We captured this view from the top of the big Ferris wheel. The lake on the bottom is used for hydrojet racing.

The whole park from the top of the Ferris Wheel.

In recent weeks, I had lost enough weight to fit into some jeans that I haven't been able to wear in almost two years. But I was willing to risk gaining it all back just to try deep fried Oreos. Admittedly, they weren't what I expected. For one thing, the deep frying made the cookies soggy. Also, I thought the batter would be crispier, kind of like vegetable tempura.
.
In the future, I'll think enjoy my Oreos straight up and unencumbered by mushy batter and lard.

0 comments: