Monday, December 10, 2007

Done For The Year


Almost. I have two more classes tomorrow, but I finished my design class today (translation: no more Harpy).
.
I'm pretty confident that I did well on the final exam. But at the end of the test, there were three short answer questions. One of which asked what we got out of the class.
.
Does she really want to know? That's a very loaded question that--at least from my end--is open to LOTS of snarky, nasty remarks. For instance, I might have mentioned my newfound ability to subsist on very little sleep. And perhaps I mentioned my need to take out a home equity loan to fund supplies for the class. That didn't really happen, but Harpy doesn't need to know that.
.
I did offer up one sincere answer...after all under Harpy's tutelage, I did learn valuable techniques that aided me in creating some kick-a$$ drawings (Christopher, I haven't forgotten...I promise to share real soon).
.
But there are many other things that I got from her class that I'd gladly give back. These include: daily headaches, anxiety attacks, a peptic ulcer, insomnia, nightmares, hot flashes, projectile vomiting, a crowded aura, a low-grade fever, Valley Fever, cat-scratch fever, Saturday Night Fever, toxic shock syndrome, high blood pressure, low blood sugar, anger control issues, chronic nausea, shortness of breath, cystic acne, toenail fungus, head lice, a weight problem, a drinking problem, a drug problem, dandruff, tooth decay, hammer toe, blurred vision, brain damage, brain drain, brain freezes, chapped lips, and MANY bad hair days!
.
Gradewise, I'm sure I did OK. I mean, I DID attend EVERY class meeting, completed EVERY single, solitary assignment (some of which were pointless, tedious and inane), and took advantage of EVERY opportunity for extra credit that presented itself. That has to count for something, even if not all of my work passed Harpy muster.
.
I'll probably come away with a B. B as in "blah". That's not bad for most people. But I did work my @$$ off here. Anyway, I'll get my final grades next week.
.
I still have to get through tomorrow's classes, but those should be relatively easy. In the meantime, I can breathe again.

0 comments: