Thursday, November 02, 2006

Thursday 13--The Music Edition


Some of my favorite lyrics to some of my favorite songs. Enjoy!

1. "I can't complain, but sometimes I still do." "Life's Been Good" by Joe Walsh.

2. "She gets her way just like a child." "Strutter" by KISS.

3. "Our mum, she's so house proud. Nothing ever slows her down and a mess is not allowed." "Our House" by Madness.

4. "Music is a world within itself; in a language we all understand." "Sir Duke" by Stevie Wonder.

5. "Life it ain't real funky. Unless it's got that pop. Dig it" "Pop Life" by Prince

6. "He sang as if he knew me...In all my dark despair...And then he looked right through me...As if I wasn't there." "Killing Me Softly With His Song" by Roberta Flack. (By the way, that was the #1 song in the country the day I was born.)

7. "But let me tell you I got some news for you. And you’ll soon find out it’s true. And then you’ll have to eat your lunch all by yourself." "Already Gone" by the Eagles

8. "Worn-out phrases and longing gazes won't get you where you want to go." "Words of Love" by The Mamas & The Papas

9. "Money only pays the rent." "The Glamorous Life" by Sheila E.

10. "Rainbows and waterfalls run through my mind." "Strawberry Letter 23" by the Brothers Johnson.

11. "I dont care...What you do...I wouldnt want to be like you" "I Wouldn't Want to be Like You" Alan Parsons Project

12. "You will or either you won't now. It's up to you. I've had my say." "Love or Let Me Be Lonely" by Friends of Distinction

13. "It's 12 o' clock; I gotta rock." "Detroit Rock City" by KISS

3 comments:

Romeo Morningwood said...

OMG! I have all of those songs in my library!
The friends of distinction song has one of the best catchy choruses in history..I am not sure why I have such an affinity for schmaltzy 70s AM pop...I guess it was because radio back then had such short playlists and the songs were still strongly influenced by rhythym and blues and Bacharachian 60s Pop! Already Gone is my fave Eagles song and I LOVE Joe Walsh.
Isn't it amazing how those oldies had such character...I think that because I was young and full of hormones and everything was soooo dramatic and over the top that I read so much into the situations and moods that I was in when I heard those songs...man am I rambling.

Ms. Val said...

Schmaltzy 70s AM pop. That's the perfect description!!!! I listen to this stuff at full volume in the car. It's a strange moment when a kid in a rice rocket pulls up next to me playing ground-thumping hip-hop while I'm playing Captain and Tennille.

I'm in my 30s, but I enjoy this music because it brings back some pleasant childhood memories. That, and it calms me down.

kj said...

oooh. this rocks val.

btw, you've got me trained and tamed. i look forward to your thursday 13 designs with glee....