Thursday, November 02, 2006

Halloween Pictures

I wanted to post these yesterday, but each time I tried to upload a photo, Blogger would give me the Internet equivalent of a blank stare.

The hard thing about giving out glow bracelets is having to preassemble and crack them open. Here, Lucas is helping me install plastic connectors and activate the glow.


Here's a close up shot of me attaching a connector. Now, imagine having to do that--and twisting the stick into a bracelet--400 times. My fingertips were red and raw by the end of the night, but it was worth it when kids would stop by and say "Oh, cool! Are you giving these away?" Or the group of teenagers who enthusiastically told me that my treats are "the best in the neighborhood."

Anakin Skywalker (Kyle) is cooling his jets because it's only 5:30 and I won't let him leave for until it gets dark, which happened a little after 6.

Quinton dressed up as himself 8 months ago. We put this costume together at the last minute. It was easy considering the numerous bags and boxes of medical supplies we have leftover from when he was getting home health care. I forget the technical names, but I found a little plastic tubey thingie that I taped to his arm. He stuck an additional 60cc catheter syringe in his pocket for good measure.

Looking at this picture, the cane and medical gloves make him look like a sick vaudvillian.


Here's a closeup of the syringe full of fake blood. I rigged this recipe up at the last minute. I used red ice cream sugar sprinkles mixed with water and heated until the sugar dissolved.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! On Q's costume! I like the touch of the hospital footies they give you too! That is so funny!
No slip grip-Denise

Ces Adorio said...

OMG! Q's costume is perfect!!! And where is your costume Val? Were you dressed as yourself: "Good-looking Mom"? The barcelets look like a lot of fun and a lot of work!

Ms. Val said...

Denise, Oh, we forgot the hospital socks!!!! And we have a full drawer of those. Grayish seamist or Ironstone antique gold...take your pick.

Ces, My costume costume consisted of me accessoring with the glow sticks. I wrapped 15 around my waist for a belt...I made a necklace...I had a one of each color bracelet on each wrist.