Thursday, October 12, 2006

Thursday 13: The Quinton Edition


Following kj's lead, I am publishing this week's T13 a little early because I don't plan on getting to the computer until later tomorrow.

1. Friday is Quinton’s birthday.

2. Last year, Q took an interest in cooking. In that time, he has accumulated enough cookware and gadgets to necessitate remodeling our kitchen.

3. Q’s favorite movie is Groundhog Day. He also likes It’s a Wonderful Life.

4. Quinton has a very dry, sarcastic sense of humor. Sometimes he’ll say things that make me laugh so hard that he’ll just look at me and shake his head.

5. I am so lucky to have a husband who is supportive of my decision to stay home with our boys—even now that they’re school aged. It’s the way he was raised.

6. Quinton makes the best homemade pizza ever.

7. While he was in the hospital, Q didn’t eat a crumb of food for six weeks. He lost over 20 pounds. We wouldn’t recommend that diet to anyone.

8. Quinton is very a level-headed, rational thinker. I’m a total dreamer who goes around with my head in the clouds. Very frequently, Q has to grab me by the ankles and pull me back down to earth.

9. Q is the best daddy ever. Complete strangers often compliment him on the way he interacts with the boys.

10. Quinton is the best friend I have ever had. And I didn't realize just how true this was until we nearly lost him earlier this year.

11. One of our favorite movies to watch together is Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan. We've seen that movie so many times that we can recite the lines. Q does the best Captain Kirk imitation: "If you want to kill me, Khan, you're going to have to come down here. You're gonna have to Come Down Here!"

12. Quinton is a baseball fan. His favorite team is the Arizona Diamondbacks, but he’ll watch any baseball game that happens to be on at a given time. One year for my birthday, I got spring training tickets.

13. Q has a great baritone voice. I love it when he sings along with the deep-voiced guy from the Oak Ridge Boys.

It's too bad this list only allows for 13 items. I could add quite a few more.

1 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

This is so sweet. It's nice to read about couples who remain happy with each other for years. I am so glag that Q is finally home and he seems to be doing great. You were also very good to him. Best wishes to both of you and may God bless your family always.