Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Boys' Bathroom

I decorated this room a few years ago. While I still like the way it looks, this bright turquoise color is a bit bold for this small, windowless room. Actually, I'm quite proud of underwater look of the bathroom. In fact, I'd probably rather add a skylight than repaint it.


The wallpaper fish actually came from a boarder that I found in a clearance basket at the Laura Ashley store. It took a few nights in front of the TV, but I managed to cut every little fish, sea turtle, and starfish out of the boarder. I pasted them to the wall and used the rim of a paper towel roll dipped in white paint to form the bubbles.


I hung these hooks low so the boys could easily hang up their towels after baths and showers. Who was I kidding? These hooks only get used when I nag loud enough.

It took a whole entire week's vacation, but Q and I laid this tile ourselves. We haven't done a tile project before or since, but I think our next one will be hired out.



1 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Val, you must have a very colorful house! I love the color of the door.