Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thursday 13


1. During a recent trip to Dairy Queen, I noticed that they seem to name their menu items after natural disasters: Brownie Earthquake...Blizzard...Pecan Mudslide... Is the thought of catastrophe and widespread human suffering supposed to make us hungry for ice cream?

2. Q: "Honey, do you have class this morning?"
Me: "I have class every morning."

3. Olivia Newton-John is one of my favorite singers. So when Xanadu came on late night cable awhile back, I taped it (no Tivo yet). By the time I got around to watch it, I couldn't. The beginning of that movie was so bad that I turned it off after 10 minutes. Too bad because I loved the soundtrack. And I usually like bad movies!

4. I'm getting sick and tired of this Oxiclean detergent ball commercial. This ad insults the intelligence of the average American laundry-doer. Really, how hard is it to measure and pour detergent???? Sheesh!!!!

5. Quinton has been out of the hospital for almost 5 months. And I am just now feeling confident enough about his recovery to box up and remove the medical supplies from our bathroom.

6. When the boys get home from school, Kyle's first stop is the couch to love up to Jango. Lucas' first stop is the popsicle box in the freezer.

7. I used to think that the Lysol pop-up wipes were an unnecessary luxury. That is, until I broke down and bought some for the bathroom. I was so wrong!!!! These things are great for quick touch-ups. They also curtail the inevitable build-up of hairspray residue that occurs on my sink. I finally realized that the worst part of cleaning the bathroom was lugging the spray cleaner, rags, sponges, and other crap up the stairs. The bathroom is easier to keep clean if you don't let it get dirty in the first place.

8. Ces' house cleaning posts have obviously had an effect on me.

9. It is my opinion that the best music ever came out in 1979.

10. And the best movies came out in 1982.

11. I scored 97% on my first architectural history project. Yep, I'm happy.

12. I finally figured how to keep my stainless refrigerator clean. I had bought several brands of stainless steel cleaner, but apparently I wasn't using enough product! I guess the "less is more" rule only applies to the wax I use on my hair.

13. Every year for Halloween, I give out glow bracelets instead of candy. The kids love them, but they don't like being told they can only have one each. Last year, I ordered 300 and we ran out.

2 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Val, you have the best Thursday Thirteen signs.

Val has class every morning, afternoon and night! :-)

Lysol wipes. I have lived with them since they came out. I use them all the time. Very convenient.

Ha! I need my own prompting to clean. I have been slacking off.

I am happy to hear about Q. You have terrific boys and...

Way to go Val! I hate exams. I do not care if I know the subject matter, an exam will immediately stress me out!

Interesting about Dairy Queen but I have been to DQ only once in my life, I think when my son was 7 and only because my friend wanted a treat.

Anonymous said...

Val, Congrats on your History Project!