Saturday, September 30, 2006

It's All My Fault

If someone runs out of clean socks, it’s all my fault.

If the car breaks down, it’s all my fault.

If the scissors are missing, it’s all my fault.

If the litter box stinks up the whole bathroom, it’s all my fault.

If there’s no room in the refrigerator, it’s all my fault.

If the cable goes out, it’s all my fault.

If we run out of soda, it’s all my fault.


If the boys are late for school, it's all my fault.

If there's a long wait at a restaurant, it's all my fault.

If the dining room table is covered in clutter, it’s all my fault.

If Lucas can’t find his drumsticks, it’s all my fault.

If someone forgets their homework, it’s all my fault.

If there’s nothing good on TV, it’s all my fault.

If Jango screams all night, it’s all my fault.

If Kyle stays out late and misses dinner, it’s all my fault.


If Quinton forgets to take his medication, it's all my fault.

If Quinton runs out of his medication, it's all my fault.

If the pharmacy is closed, it's all my fault.

If there are no clean salad forks, it's all my fault.

If the electric bill is too high, it's all my fault.

If there are weeds in the front yard, it's all my fault.

If someone is bored, it's all my fault.

If the lunch box gets left at school, it's all my fault.

If there's nothing good to eat, it's all my fault.

If the printer runs out of ink, it's all my fault.

If the A/C filters don't get changed, it's all my fault.

If the doorbell doesn't get answered, it's all my fault.

The preceding message was written in complete sarcasm. I know in my head that every wrong in life is not my fault. I just wish someone would tell that to my family.



4 comments:

kj said...

dear family, this is a public service message to tell you that none of the household/personal shortcomings you experience are val's fault. not ever. she is trying her best to contribute to a loving efficient household and to help you be happy and independent, so stop blaming her and instead buy her presents.

ChristopherM said...

I was getting ready to let you know that it is your fault that I just finished working on my major writing assignment for school at midnight on a Saturday, but then Olivia Newton-John butted in and made me go to my happy place.

Ms. Val said...

kj, thanks for the effort, but it only helped marginally. They'll be back to their old ways by 7:30 tomorrow morning.

Christopher, I'm more than happy to take the blame for this one.
:-)

Ces Adorio said...

Val, I know exactly how you feel, except in our family, I give it to my husband.