Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday 13

1. I love watching my boys sleep.

2. I buy the highest thread count sheets I can afford. After 3+ months in the hospital, Q now sees this as less of a frivolity and more of a necessity.

3. I am a Pepsi addict and I’m picky about how it’s served. Pepsi tastes best in a Styrofoam cup with crushed ice…as served at the Arrowhead Hospital cafeteria. Plastic cups are ok too, but to me, soda tastes less fizzy when served in a glass glass.

4. I must sleep on the right side of the bed. It’s my thing, and I can’t sleep any other way.

5. I can spend an entire afternoon playing Dr. Mario with the boys.

6. I love watching those Time-Life Music infomercials that feature has-been celebrity spokespeople hawking compilation CDs.

7. I spent too much time on nosing around Realtor.com, checking out how the neighbors are pricing their for-sale houses. And if I'm lucky, there are pictures. ("They're asking $450K for THAT?")

8. Q and I bought our first house when I was 19. It had 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, and less than 1300 square feet. I could have lived in that house forever, but once Lucas was born, we got a computer, and Kyle's toys mulitplied like rabbits, it was time for a place with more room and rooms.

9. No matter how many times I see the reruns, King of the Hill never stops being funny.

10. I always use pink toothbrush. Not only because it's my favorite color, but so the boys know not use it. Yes, it’s actually happened.

11. I can’t stand the taste of coffee.

12. I do my best writing in the middle of the night.

13. Years ago, Baskin Robbins had a deal where you could buy 2 pre-packed quarts for $5…limit 4. When I was pregnant, we would go down there and I would buy 2 quarts each of Chocolate and Peanut Butter and Mint Chocolate Chip. Q would wait in the car. When I came out, he would go in and buy his limit in Gold Medal Ribbon. We would go home, load up the freezer, then—if space permitted—we would repeat the process at another B&R.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you like Realtor.com you'll love www.zillow.com. I'm not sure how accurate it is. It was our house is 1600 sft, when actually it's 1800 sft.

Ms. Val said...

Meredith, I checked out that Zillow website, and that was fun! And you're right about the accuracy. It said our house has 4 bathrooms. If that's true, I'd like to know where the other one is!