Wednesday, August 09, 2006

The Pissed List


1. I’m pissed that Lifetime took Designing Women out of their lineup and replaced it with The Nanny.

2. I’m pissed at the tool in the black Scion we saw driving alone in the southbound I-17 carpool lane at the height of morning rush hour. You know who you are!!!!

3. I’m pissed that I can’t buy my favorite chap stick—Natural Ice mentholated lip protectant—at Target, Walgreen’s, or Fry’s. The only place around here that sells it is Wal-Mart. And I HATE Wal-Mart!

4. I’m pissed that the state trust land north of my house was recently sold at auction to a real estate developer. That means within a few years, our mountain view will be replaced by houses!

5. I’m pissed that I’m 33 years old and I still get acne!

6. I’m pissed that the kitchen floor can’t just stay clean forever.

7. I’m pissed that the nearest Banana Republic store is almost 30 miles from my house.

8. I’m pissed that Quinton’s recovery seems to be taking longer than it should.

9. I’m pissed that it seems to rain everywhere but Phoenix.

10. I’m pissed that my boys fight over Pop Tarts: “What part of ‘I will buy more’ don’t you understand?”

11. I’m pissed that Quinton puts the Fox News Channel on at a high volume so he can hear it three rooms away.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Val-
Good Lord you need some more Fiesta dear- Does Banana Republic have an online store? I've found that a little shopping therapy always seems to help me out. Even if it's not much.
Is there anything in P86 that you really want that you haven't gotten yet? Maybe I've got some duplicates I can let go of- Hope you have a better evening! Denise (angelmom)

Ms. Val said...

LOL! Denise, it's not that bad. BR does have an online store, but shopping the clearance racks in person is way more fun.

And you're so absolutely right about retail therapy. I love walking through stores--even if I don't particularly need or want or anything. But once in a great while that must-have, bargain-basement, treasure jumps right out at you.

That happens to me more often than my husband cares to admit. :-)

Thanks for stopping by.

ChristopherM said...

Every single one of those things pisses me off too! Wow! Except, of course, the Banana being 30 miles away...I bought some pants there this evening.

Ms. Val said...

...except, of course, the Banana being 30 miles away...I bought some pants there this evening.

Show off! West Phoenix traditionally has an image as being a blue collar community. That has changed a lot in the last 10 years, but many upscale retailers have yet to catch on.

So, if I want to go shopping for nice things, I have to drive to central Phoenix or Scottsdale. Our closest mall contains a disportionate number of teenager stores like Journeys, Hot Topic, and Industrial Ride Shop.