Friday, August 04, 2006

Before and....Not After: The Master Bedroom


This is my favorite room in the whole entire house. It's the second room we decorated when we moved here 7 years ago (kitchen was first). These pictures were taken 5 years ago, and--except for having added and subtracted a few knick-knacks--the room remains virtually unchanged.

Diamonds are a girl's best friend...just not when they're being drawn on the wall. I got the inspiration for this room off an idea card from the Home Depot paint department. The instructions made it look so easy. But even with a level taped to the yard stick, I gave up really quick. Quinton--my uber-patient math genious husband--drew the lines on the wall and I sponge painted them in.

Three days, 1 faux sponge and 12 rolls of masking tape later, I had a whole room full of harlequin diamonds!


This is the sitting area that makes up part of the turret in front of the house. It's hard to tell by this shot, but these windows afford us awesome views of the mountains north of our neighborhood.

I love this room so much. But the day will come when we will have to paint over the diamond pattern, and that's just going to kill me! Now, I am ready for a new duvet, a quieter ceiling fan, and some different lamps.

3 comments:

kj said...

did alice in wonderland ever sneak in here and spend a night? the room invites magical characters.

Ms. Val said...

Thanks, kj! I'm pretty proud of it. It's actually a very relaxing room. The rest of the house is bursting with bright colors, but this room is very subdued and relaxing.

papa said...

LOVE the Harlequin diamonds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!