Thursday, August 03, 2006

Thursday 13



1. I carry a tape measure in my purse at all times. It comes in quite handy at the most unlikely times.

2. I love using mint infused hair conditioner that makes my scalp tingle.

3. I still have both of my Cabbage Patch Dolls from when I was a child. I took that adoption oath seriously.

4. I watch Sex and the City reruns mostly to admire Cynthia Nixon’s hair.

5. I do not have enough pink clothes.

6. I am the first member of my immediate family to visit Europe.

7. I have a fondness for anything from the 1970s. Music, architecture, TV, clothes, cars, decor. You name it, I love it.

8. I always leave my coin change in the tip jar.

9. I once ate an entire pizza when I was pregnant with Luke.

10. I love loud thunderstorms with lots of lightning and downpours.

11. I am the only member of the household who doesn’t have blue eyes.

12. The floor of my childhood bedroom was covered with bright red carpet. My parents’ room had royal blue, and the rest of the house had pukey green.

13. I’m enjoying learning how to download new fonts for MS Word. (Thank you, Quinton for your infinite patience and for not getting upset when I ask you to repeat the instructions).

9 comments:

kj said...

val, i loved your list! the highway sign is unbelievably cool--how did you do that?

#1--me too, sometimes. seems I'm measuring things alot.

#4 i LOVE sex and the city. i almost believe all four of these cool girls are my friends. jb and i bought the entire 7 (?) year cd and we just finished watching it all, a couple a night or so.

# 10: i've eaten a whole pizza more times than i could ever count. it is heaven when i do it (but not afterwards)

hope you keep up thursday 13. i really enjoyed learning about you.

kj

Ms. Val said...

Thank you, kj! I downloaded the photo from a search on Google Images. Then, I opened the photo in MS Paint. I also made the sign there and pasted it over the original sign.

I'm going to try to do a new Thursday 13 picture every week. Last week, I made an Arizona license plate.

Maria said...

ditto (kj's post) on the highway sign and your list! can't wait to see your "thursday 13" signs.

thank you for the visit and the comment on my site...

ps: i'm liking the T13 and have a few ideas...

Ms. Val said...

Maria, thanks for stopping in. And by all means, write down those ideas! If you don't, you'll forget them, and they'll be lost forever. It's happened to me more times than I care to admit.

Ces Adorio said...

Very nice look. I see you are remodeling everything: kitchen, doors, Fiesta displays, blogs etc. You are a busy woman. Love this new look. Enjoyed reading your Thursday 13 list...makes your scalp tingle? I need to see that hair sometimes in person, maybe at an HLC conference. Love the road sign!

Ms. Val said...

I need to see that hair sometimes in person, maybe at an HLC conference.

Well, if I know you and Christopher will be there, then I will make a point of going too.

I'm thinking about changing my blog template again because this one cuts off the titles on the top posts. That bothers me.

papa said...

I carry a tape measure too,for measuring..........(blush)
hehehehe,no actually for measuring doors,looking for old doors for my house!!!

Anonymous said...

Val, Can I talk you and your family into coming to Orchard Park New York to decorate my house? I'll take you to Niagara Falls - there is plenty of water there!

Ms. Val said...

Robyn, throw in pizza at the best spot in town, and you're on.