Thursday, May 11, 2006

Quinton: Readmitted

Yes, it's sad, but true. Quinton was readmitted to Mayo last evening. He is being treated for hypercalcemia, which may have been caused by a lack of cortisol in his system. So that has been beefed up.

He has been on IV fluids since last night. At this time, the goal is to get him re-hydrated and to dilute the extra calcium in his blood.

It is estimated that he will be in the hospital for another day or two. Call me selfish, but I hope he's home for Mother's day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, Val. You'll all come out of this stronger and closer than ever. Quinton and you & your boys are in my prayers.

John

Anonymous said...

I pray each day for God to put his protective angels around you and Q and the boys, to keep you all safe, give you all strength to see this tough time through, to use these troubles to bring you all closer to God, and, of course, to touch Q with his healing power. I truly believe this is being done, because I KNOW God loves you all!
Pat