Saturday, May 13, 2006

Quinton: May 11-13

Yesterday, was a day of many peaks and valleys for our family. Q had a CT scan taken Thursday that revealed additional abdominal leakage. It's unclear if this is new stuff, or leftover from before, but a drain was installed. He also had a fever and chills yesterday.

Q seemed in much better spirits when we talked last night. I didn't take the boys for a visit because last night was their school's spring carnival. They had been looking forward to it for weeks and I had already bought the tickets. Quinton was very understanding. In fact, he wouldn't have had it any other way.

Q did have a good evening, though. He was able to eat most of his dinner and was feeling good. He did ask for pain meds, as his drain site was beginning to hurt. He really wants me to bring the boys in for a visit today. They haven't seen each other since before he was re-amitted Wednesday.

But Q was happiest when Kyle called from the carnival to inform him that our family had won a raffle basket! And this wasn't just any gift basket. This is the one Q would have picked had he been able to attend. It was a sports-themed basket that included pom-poms, baseballs, autographed photos, basketball coasters, USC and LA Dodgers CD wallets, a frisbee, and 4 tickets to a Diamondbacks game in late July!!!!!! All of it was packaged in a wicker laundry basket that the boys said I could keep. YAY!!!

Incidentally, Kyle chose to put most of his raffle tickets in that basket because he wanted to get those baseball tickets for his Dad. I about cried when he told me that.

The boys and I were so wired when we came home...all of us on a high of popcorn, hot dogs, and Coke. After digging through the gift basket, I made everyone take showers. It was a warm evening, and I personally smelled like a stale, perspiring snow cone...if there were such a thing.

So, it was a great evening for all. The only thing that would have made it better is if Q could have been at the carnival with us. Although, I guess he was, in a way. I called him almost every hour!

0 comments: