Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday Dishes: Dish Booty '08

This year, both Q and I got Fiesta dishes for Christmas. I bought him the Gusto Bowls because he had expressed a desire for smaller serving bowls for things like shredded cheese, lettuce, and other taco condiments.

The rectangular baker was an impulse purchase. Since the Heather color (purple to you laypeople) is about to be discontinued, I got it for a really good price. I also bought him the 15" pizza tray because we're always looking for large, flat platters for serving snacks and hors d'oeuvres. The cake plate is too small and the dinner plate is just that.

The boys pooled their resources and got me the 4-piece place setting in Ivory. That fills a big hole in my collection.

The Mini Disks were a gift from Wendy.

But perhaps my greatest score was the Fiesta Ironstone serving bowl in Mango Red. I found this mislisted auction a few weeks ago a nd sent it to Q. He did the rest.


We did something similar last year when I sent him an auction for 3 Harlequin single egg cups. On Christmas morning, they were mine. I'm thinking we should make this a tradition.

0 comments: