Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day!

Today was my first day back at school. Since the college is over 30 miles away, and I have to there by 8:30, AND I'm traveling east during rush hour, I had to leave early. REALLY early.

I was out of the house shortly after 7, and arrived at campus with 15 minutes to spare. Traffic flowed pretty good once I got past the SR-51 interchange. Maybe I'll leave a tiny bit later tomorrow.

Anyway, my first class was Drawing and Rendering. I'd never had this instructor for any classes before, but "Clark" is the head of the department, and I met him last spring when I needed academic advisement.

He's an interesting character. He plays techno music during lab time.

My afternoon class was Space Planning. Since I was one of the last students to arrive, I got the second crappiest seat in the class. In order to see the screen during the PowerPoint lecture, I had to spin my chair around and take notes with a binder in my lap.

Like my rendering teacher, I met the Space Planning instructor last semester. She was teaching the lighting class that used the classroom before the materials class I was taking at the time. I would come in early to get some work done, and "Laura" was nice enough to let me use the computer if she was done lecturing.

I got home before shortly before the boys. I was impressed to find that all the doors had been locked and lights turned off. The only thing I found wrong was the breakfast dishes were still on the dining room table, but I can live with that.

Oh, and Jango was angry at me for being gone all day. She made her feelings known by screaming at me for a solid half-hour.

Tomorrow: History of Decorative Arts and AutoCAD.

0 comments: