Friday, August 29, 2008

Busy Week

My first week of school is done. I don't take Friday classes because I need one weekday to run errands, work at the boys' school, do homework, goof off, and just decompress.

In addition to my Monday/Wednesday classes, I also have History of Decorative Arts and CAD 2 on Tuesdays. On Thursdays, I just have CAD 2.

My decorative arts instructor is the same one I had last semester for modern architecture. EXCELLENT teacher. In fact, I was bummed when that class came to an end.

I met my CAD instructor last semester in passing when she complimented my hair. In fact, when she took roll on Tuesday, she remembered me as "the lady with the great hair". Funny, because the humidity that day proved otherwise.

Also this week, Q and I joined the gym. The community college near our house just completed a major expansion project that included more classrooms, a bookstore, a cafeteria, and a FITNESS CENTER! Yay! We were able to get community memberships for $85 each for the semester. That's way cheaper than a commercial gym. And the fact that the college gym is just two minutes from home is an added bonus.

Wednesday was Kyle's 14th birthday. When I asked him what he wanted for dinner, he asked if we could go out to eat.

"Yeah, OK", I told him. "Where would you like to go?"
His face lit up. "In-N-Out Burger!"

Aim high, my son.

0 comments: