Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Stranded at Home



Tonight when Kyle came home from playing with his friends, he came in to tell us that the garage door was bent. WTF?

Q and I went outside to find the boys' friends gawking at the house. The garage door was half open at that point. Q pushed it shut in a quest to investigate and make any repairs.

And he found the problem: a broken spring and a bent track.

But there's a bigger problem: the door is now stuck shut. And both of the cars are parked inside. Oops!

And the biggest problem of all? It looks bad hideous. I am hopelessly embarrased by the sight of our house. I don't want to go outside in case a neighbor is walking by. Yes, I am THAT vain.

Luckily, Q was able to find a garage door repairman who is able to come out early tomorrow morning. Good thing because I have class in Scottsdale at 11:30, and I'd hate to miss it. It's my last class before Spring Break. Q's lucky. He can do his work from home.

So in the meantime, we are stuck here at home. We weren't planning on going anywhere tonight, but that's not the point. Even if we wanted to, or God forbid, NEEDED to, we couldn't.

0 comments: