Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thursday Thirteen

1. I love this time of year. The Girl Scout Cookies were delivered last week (I am hopelessly addicted to the Thin Mints). I have been informed by the moms of two girls that I am their daughers' best customer.
.
2. Arizona just added a 7th digit to its license plates. I don't know why I find this interesting, but I do.
.
3. Last week, I applied for graduation. In the spring, I will have my CCL in Home Furnishings and Materials. I will have my AAS in Interior Design in another year or so.
.
4. One of the courses I'm taking this semester is Home Upholstery. We use air-powered staple guns for attaching the fabric to our furniture. I am morbidly afraid of all air powered tools. The first time the teacher demonstrated that thing, I hit the deck. Everyone laughed.
.
5. I've managed to force myself to use the stapler, but I'm still frightened of it. I'm afraid it's going to come to life and shoot up the room...just like in a horror movie.
.
6. The only thing I don't like about the upholstery class is having to haul all my stuff to and from the classroom every week. I have to carry my project chair and pull a wheeled suitcase full of fabric and tools through campus to the technology building. It's cumbersome, at best. Luckily, the class starts late enough in the evening where I can park in the staff lot.
.
7. Lucas likes sitting close and watching me type blog posts. He's currently making fun of items 4 and 5.
.
8. Last week, Lucas couldn't find his favorite jacket. So I gave him one of Kyle's old ones to wear. He wasn't happy, but he wore it anyway. On his way out the door, Lucas turned to me and asserted: "Mom...I blame you for all my mistakes."
.
9. We eventually found Lucas' jacket. He had left it in the back seat of Q's car...and Q had left for work when we were looking for it.
.
10. I wish The Adam Carolla Show would return to Phoenix radio. Listening on the Internet is OK, but it's hardly convenient.
.
11. Weatherwise, late February through mid March is the best time to be living in Phoenix.
.
12. The daytime highs have been in the upper 70s all week. Q was very nice to let me take the Mustang to school today.
.
13. Q is taking the day off tomorrow. So while the rest of the world is at work and school, we will be enjoying a leisurely lunch in a nice restaurant and going to the Arizona's House Beautiful Desert Living Show. I just hope this time I don't get food poisoning. Last time we went to a home and garden show, I got food poisoning.
.
Bonus 14. I haven't eaten a fish taco in 9 years (see above).

0 comments: