Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Big Shipping Mess

Several months ago, our grocery store stopped carrying two of my favorite hair care products: Aura Rosemary Mint Shampoo and Conditioner. So I started buying it at Sally Beauty Supply. That ended when I came across one of their store coupons. The coupon was a buy-1, get-one-free for Aura haircare products. It sounded good until I read the fine print: "excludes Rosemary Mint". This company obviously doesn't want my money.

So I decided to give Drugstore.com a shot. They were offering free shipping for purchases over $25. So in addition to the hair stuff, I padded my order with a bottle of Phisoderm body wash, a box of Dove exfoliating pads, and a pack of Feline Greenies.

I placed my order last week, and it arrived yesterday. Here's what I saw when I opened the package:

The body wash bottle had leaked all over the inside of the box. When I removed the contents, this sticky gel began oozing all over the counter and dripping on the floor. This stuff was a bitch to clean up, too. After, there were 20+ showers worth of it was lathering up all around the kitchen.

The receipt was ruined...

...and the body wash bottle is more than half empty. Oh, and look...the cap isn't even snapped shut!
.
I inspected the rest of the merchandise. The shampoo and conditioner were intact. The outsides of the bottles just needed a good rinsing. The Greenies--which were in a sealed foil pack--may have been OK, too. But I'm not about to risk Jango's health in order to find out. The body wash had also penetrated the thin foil cover on the exfoliating pads.
.
I pulled up my Drugstore.com order on the computer (remember, the receipt is illedgible) and called their 800 number. The customer service agent I talked to was very nice. She apologized for the inconvenience, and agreed to replace the body wash, cat treats, and facial pads. She also upgraded me to 3 day shipping at no charge. That's awfully big of the company, I guess. I just hope the bottle is sealed up this time.

0 comments: