Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Cell Phone Confessional?



Everybody gets the occasional wrong number. Most times, you're able to tell the caller that they misdialed, hang up, and continue with your day.
.
But then, you sometimes get that errant caller who won't go away quietly. I once got such a call from a woman, who thought I was her son's ex-wife. She proceeded to lambaste me for refusing to let her see her grandchildren. She called her twice before I convinced her that she's got the wrong person.
.
And about 3 years ago, some woman from Chicago called, claiming that Quinton owed her child support for their 11 year daughter. Apparently, Q has same first and last name as the guy she's looking for. I insisted that she has the wrong guy, but she wouldn't hear it. I believe said, "Oh, Honey, he's been lying to you!" She finally backed off when I vaguely told her that my Quinton is an "office worker". The guy she was looking for is a truck driver. Oops! Q thought the whole thing was funny, but that woman made me cry.
.
But this most recent call really takes the cake. The other day, someone left the following message on my voice mail:
.
"Hey, Valerie, I think I've got the wrong number. I was calling for Cindy*, my mother-in-law to thank her for last night and to let her know that she did things to me that her daughter cannot even think of. And... I don't know why I'm telling you this, but...yeah, I slept with my mother-in-law, and she ROCKED my world! Um...anyway, well, I got the wrong number so now I've got to call and tell her that. Alright, thanks. Bye."
.
*The above name has been changed to protect the not-so-innocent.

1 comments:

Menchie said...

OMG! That takes the cake.