Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thursday 13


1. It's been a very busy couple of weeks...as I'm sure you've surmised by my lack of posting. My Color and Design Theory instructor is always heaping on the homework. We have no fewer than 5 sketches due every Monday. One sketch takes anywhere from 30 minutes to an entire afternoon. Ironically, I receive my best grades on the ones that get hastily cranked out.

2. In other news, Lucas was tested for, and accepted into the SAGE (honors) reading program at school. We're so proud of him. Problem is, his daily SAGE class time conflicts with band practice. Luckily, I was able to work out an alternate schedule with all his teachers, and he is able to participate in both programs.

3. I had to get my laptop repaired this week. A few weeks ago, the screen started flickering, then everything would turn purple and fade out altogether. Luckily, I still have 2 months left in a 2 year warranty, so my screen was replaced for no charge. The repairman scored high marks when he took a shining to Jango.

4. Kyle once again has approached us about getting him a cell phone. Aside from the convenience of being able to keep in contact with us, we simply couldn't justify the expense. Besides, he doesn't make or receive too many phone calls on our house phone. We compromised by getting him a regular phone for his room.

5. I've been so busy lately that I haven't made time to get my hair trimmed. My bangs are now so long that I keep having to rake them back with my fingers. I am currently sporting the same hairstyle as Kyle MacLachlan.

6. Speaking of haircuts, Kyle got my hopes up last week when he informed me that he wanted to get a haircut. No sooner had I grabbed my purse and keys than he told me he didn't want to go just now. He has since changed his mind altogether. Meanwhile, I continue to call him "Shaggy".

7. Speaking of Kyle MacLachlan, I am really looking forward to the season premier of Desperate Housewives. If you attempt to call or stop by on Sunday night, I will hang up on you or send you away. Then, after the show is over, I do to you what Orson did to Mike at the end of the 2nd season!

8. That last sentence also applies to the boys. Unless you are vomiting, bleeding, or vomiting blood, I don't want to be disturbed for that whole hour. Asking me to help find your homework paper is NOT an emergency.

9. It is finally starting to cool off in Phoenix. On Tuesday, I needed to take a jacket to school.

10. Tuesday nights are the hardest time for our family. I have to leave by 5:00 for a class that starts at 6. While commuter traffic is heading north toward the suburbs, I'm driving south toward the city. Even still, rush hour is rush hour, and I need every bit of time to get to the college.

11. And since I have to leave by 5:00, I have to throw together a quickie dinner so we can eat by 4:30. Before too long, my family is going to hate tuna casserole.

12. Also on Tuesday nights, Lucas has to be taken to his drum lessons. I thank Q for taking on this task.

13. Kyle just asked an interesting question; "Why are our household animals refered to as 'pets'?" I could only guess it had something to do with the way we physically pet them. But then he pointed out that we don't pet fish. I had no reply.

0 comments: