Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Sad Songs Say So Much



According to Pop Culture Madness, the 10 saddest songs are:


1. He Stopped Loving Her Today - George Jones
2. The End of the World - Skeeter Davis
3. Last Kiss - J Frank Wilson (or Pearl Jam)
4. Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton
5. Alone Again, Naturally - Gilbert O Sullivan
6. Concrete Angel - Martina McBride
7. I'll Be There - Escape Club
8. Send In the Clowns - Judy Collins
9. The End of the Road - Boys II Men
10. Hurt So Bad - Little Anthony and the Imperials or Linda Ronstadt

Some of these I have never heard of (3, 6, and 7). Some I've heard, but haven't listened to the lyrics closely enough to shed tears over them (2, 5, 8, 9, and 10). I wholeheartedly agree with number #4. I also agree with #1...once Q explained it to me.

There are 67 others on the list--including You're Beautiful by James Blunt (#40). Personally, I think that one's more pathetic than sad, but whatever....

Anyway here are my choices in no particular order:

--Wildfire - Michael Murphy
--It Never Hurts To Hurt Sometimes - The Oakridge Boys
--Coward of the County - Kenny Rogers
--Think of Laura - Christopher Cross
--Goodbye Girl - David Gates
--Honey - Billy J. Tyler

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Val- I couldn't listen to the Eric Clapton song for the longest time because I knew it was about his son who had died. It would make me tear up everytime.
Wildfire is a really sad song, I agree with you on that one.
Denise