Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Ms. Val's Bargain of the Week



As a stay at home mom, I have been volunteering in the boys’ classrooms and school functions since the oldest was in preschool. And I have done it all. I have swept floors, made photocopies, chaperoned field trips, and poured orange soda at classroom parties. I have also sold Otter Pops, decorated classroom bulletin boards with students' artwork, run the snack bar at Field Day, and operated game booths at school carnivals.

Last week, one of the other PTSA moms called and asked if I would be able to help out at picture day. Since I didn’t have school or any other commitments that day, I agreed.

The job they had me doing was collecting payment envelopes, writing the students’ names and photo choices on the outside of a larger, manila envelope, and organizing them by class. I also prepared a group photo form that the teachers needed to fill out. It was very easy work. And as payment, I was given copies of my boys’ class photos for FREE. I was also given a $20 voucher toward the purchase of individual photos.

I didn't expect any compensation when I agreed to work at photo day. But it is a nice little perk.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm due at the school in an hour. Today, I'm working with reading groups in Lucas' class.

0 comments: