Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Weekend Roundup

Friday night:
--6:00: Dinner consisted of
Q’s homemade pizza. Great stuff! I really need to make a few of these things to keep frozen.
--7:30 Went to Skate Night. The boys’ school rented out the skating rink for the night. The boys wanted to go, although neither one knows how to skate,
which is apparently my fault.
--9:00 The boys did surprisingly well for not having much skating experience. Stopped at McDonald's for flurries on the way home.

Saturday:
--7:30: Wake up and mope around the house. Get breakfast. Lucas has drum lessons at 9.
--8:30: Run around the house looking for Luke’s drumsticks and notebook.
--8:40: Luke and Q leave. I get to enjoy some piece and quiet, AND I get to turn off the Fox News Channel.
--9:00: Time to buckle down and work on my architectural history notebook.
--9:50: Q and Lucas return home with a box of donuts. Time for a break!
--10:00: Back to the notebook. Kyle goes outside to play. He and his friends end up back here. They’re upstairs playing Runescape.
--12:45: I’m still in my jammies. Lunch consists of cheese and mushroom omelets, hash browns, and maple sausage.
--1:30: I’m mostly done with the Early Christian and Byzantine stuff. It’s all so boring. I desperately need a nap.
--5:00: Kyle comes in my room: “Mom! Mom! Mom! MOM!” “Hmmm…” “Can “Daniel” spend the night tomorrow night?” “You woke me up for that?!?!?” “Sorryyyyy! GOSH! But can he?” "Hmph. We'll see.”
--5:05: Got up and went downstairs. We had hamburgers for dinner.
--8:30: Watched Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan. Q and I annoyed the boys by reciting the movie.
--10:30: Tried to sleep but my brain was in overdrive. Came downstairs to work on future blog posts.
--11:00: Finally went to bed for good.

Sunday:
--6:30: Woke up. Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast. This stuff is my new addiction.

--7:00: Read an interesting news article about recycling. I had no idea pizza boxes weren't allowed in recycling bins. I also didn't know disposing of my recyclables in a plastic garbage bag renders them useless.
--9:00: Got dressed and did the laundry. It’s better than researching Romanesque and Norman architecture!
--10:00: Got Q off the couch and the boys off the computer. Approached the threshold of Psycho Mom mode: “This house isn’t going to clean itself!!!!!”
--10:02: Threatened grounding if the whining doesn’t stop.
--10:10: The boys are fighting over who gets to use the Swiffer Sweep n Vac. Kyle can use the SnV. Luke can use the Wet Jet when he's done.
--10:30: Cleaning continues: sorting clothes…folding clothes…hunting down baskets…gathering empty hangers out of closets…clearing clutter off the tabletops…dirty Fiesta bowls are emerging like forgotten Easter eggs. I’d much rather be doing this than the architectural history swazi.
--11:00: Lunch was leftover pizza for me; leftover chili for Lucas. I’m not sure when or what Kyle ate. He was outside.
--11:10: Took a study break for the rest of the day
--2:00: Alternated between Flip That House marathon on TLC and A-Team marathon on TV Land.
--6:30: Picked up a pizza from Brothers. Storm clouds looming large in the southeast. I know it will rain. I’ve got the top down.
--7:30: Major rainfall! The boys are going crazy. Luke is outside running around in it.
--8:00: Desperate Housewives!!!!!
--8:15: Ate my weight in Oreos.
--9:30: Lights out. But not before publishing a quick blog entry.

Monday:
--7:00: Wake up. Treat myself to two bowls of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Boys don’t have school today. Today is their “Fall Break”. In a vain attempt to be politically correct, we can’t call it Columbus Day. Anyway, it’s going to be a leisurely morning.
--8:00: Watch two episodes of The Hogan Family. I LOVED that show when I was a kid.
--9:00: Start work on outline of Romanesque and Norman architecture.
--10:00: Decide to go clean out the garage. This illustrates just how much I'm hating this assignment!
--11:30: Eeked out a few minutes of work before…
--12:00: Q got hungry and we went out for smoothies.
--1:00: Came home. Got down to business and started working again.
--5:00: Finally got the Romanesque and Norman stuff done.
--5:30: Dinner’s on the table. Spaghetti with jarred sauce
--6:30: Leave for drafting class.

Weekend over.

1 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Gosh Val, you are very studious. I cannot believe the boys are fighting over a vacuum cleaner. That's amazing. In my home, the vacuum cleaner is not wanted.