Saturday, October 07, 2006

The Family Buzzword Is.....


Swazi. It was funny how this came about. During dinner on Tuesday night, the conversation came up about the countries in Africa. Kyle's social studies class had just finished a section on Africa in which they had to learn the names of all the countries. We started rattling off some of the more obscure names: Djibouti came up. As did Burkina Faso, Lesotho, and Burundi.

And then someone mentioned Swaziland. I don't remember much of what happened next because I was laughing too hard. And the strawberry daiquiri I had in me didn't help matters. I do know Q and the boys started throwing around phrases like:

"Get your little swazi in here!"

"This bathroom smells like swazi."

"Oh, swazi!!!!!"

"You've got some swazi on your face."

On Wednesday, during a trip to Target the boys were helping me load our purchases into the trunk. Lucas picked up the toilet paper and announced: "Look, Kyle! Mom bought some TP for your swazi!"

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to work on this swazi for architectural history class.

0 comments: