Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thursday 13


1. I really need to lay off the cookies and ice cream. Lately, I've noticed that my regular jeans have become my skinny jeans. And my fat jeans have become my regular jeans. I'm so depressed I could eat a box of Oreos!

2. I'm looking for a clever tip, cleaning product, or method to keep my stainless steel refrigerator doors from looking streaky.

3. Quinton and I love going out for lunch. We either meet somewhere near his office or I pick him up. Most of our restaurant choices fall in to the following categories: sandwiches, smoothies, or sit-down.

4. We especially love eating at big people restaurants, were the conversation is intellectually stimulating, and not interrupted by boys whining at and kicking each other across the table.

5. I am convinced that cling-free sheets mulitply in the dryer. I put ONE sheet in per load, but it seems like three or more come out. These things are everywhere! They're on the floor...in the laundry basket... I pull them out of t-shirts, pillowcases, and I'm forever yanking them out from under the fitted bedsheets while I try to sleep at night.

6. I treated myself to a new Swiffer Sweep n Vac. I own three vaccuum cleaners, and this thing beats them all on the tile. It's the only thing I've found that gets all the dust and crumbs from the edges of walls and base cabinets. It also sucks up cereal and cat food with ease. I just wish it had a longer battery life.

7. Last weekend, Lucas and I went to the antique mall. This is not the place to be shopping for bargain Fiesta. One seller had a juniper (retired color) teapot priced at $39 and a shamrock teapot (current color) priced at $59. No thanks to both.

8. Also at the antique mall, Lucas spotted a record album with Barbra Streisand and Barry Gibb on the cover. He thought Barry Gibb was Jesus.

9. On Sunday, Kyle and I went shopping for new tennis shoes. We also bonded over lunch at In-N-Out Burger.

10. I was so glad to learn that Designing Women is coming back to TV. This time, it will be on Nick at Nite at midnight--long after my bedtime. It's not a pretty win, but I'll take it.

11. I'm always on the look-out for new pizza restaurants to try.

12. I'm ready for baseball season to be over already.

13. I'm also ready for the fall semester to be over. This architectural history class makes my brain hurt. But it's still not as hard as when we studied Immanuel Kant in philosophy class last year. Big OUCH! Somebody toss me the Excedrin...

2 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

You own three vacuum cleaners?

Love the jeans lines and soothing yourself with oreo cookies.

Barry Gibb! He does look like Jesus in one of those religious stamps.

Hooray for designing women. I love Suzanne and that relationship she has with Anthony is a riot.

Go Astros!

Ms. Val said...

Actually, Ces, I have 4 vacuum cleaners. I forgot to count the carpet steam cleaner.

One of the vacuums is running very loud and the motor could blow at any time. Another is a practically brand new one my mom gave us when she redid her entire condo in travertine tile. Then there's this little yellow portable vac that's pretty useless. It only picks up small gritty pieces. Not big stuff like leaves, kitty litter, and food crumbs.

Oh, and I have a hard floor steam cleaner that I don't use because it's more cumbersome than it's worth. It's great for cleaning grout, though.