Thursday, September 14, 2006

Thursday 13

1. I hate to cook. I really truly hate it. I think it's because I hate the mess it makes, which I will have to clean up whether I do the cooking or not. So Q does the cooking (he enjoys it) and I do the clean-up afterwards.

2. Q and I have had as much tire trouble as we can handle. A few weeks ago, our Dodge sprung a flat tire on the freeway. The same thing happened back in July. Then on Monday morning, Q discovered another flat just as he was leaving for work. On the bright side, I got my wish: for car trouble to happen at home!

3. I am afraid of dogs. I am OK with them if I know their owners, but if I see a stray running through the neighborhood, I will run into the house, lock the door and HIDE until it's gone.

4. My boys go crazy when I buy a new cereal. This time, it was that new Fruity Cheerios. These things look like miniature Fruit Loops. The boys discovered the box when they got home from school and dang near devoured it.

5. I spent yesterday at home. So, having heard Christopher talk about it so much, I decided to check out Project Runway. In the first five minutes of watching, I got so sick of looking at Laura's wide, bony clevage. Honey, if you don't got it, don't even try to flaunt it!

6. I have a hopeless crush on Jayme King, the weekend meteorologist on our local Fox station.

7. I love it when Jango jumps up on my chair and wedges her considerable girth in between me and the arm rest.

8. I just loaded a bunch of new songs on my iPod. Listening to my "Recently Added" list the other morning, I heard Thelonius Monk, KISS, Waylon Jennings, Prince, and Kenny Rogers. This is the type of music diversity that I'm all about.

9. I've been to Europe, but I have never traveled east of the Mississippi.

10. I am SO glad David won HGTV's Design Star. Ooh, he is gorgeous! I will happily watch any show they have him host...especially if he takes his shirt off and demolishes a kitchen. Counting down to Spring 2007....

11. The carpet in our house is so nasty and dirty that I'm ready to give up clothes shopping for a year in order to get wood floors installed (Quinton, are you paying attention???). Our stairwell carpet is more offensive than any nasty, padless, trampled-down, puke yellow ghetto apartment carpet I've ever seen.

12. One of my favorite snacks is uncooked Minute Rice--much to the dismay of my dentist.

13. The new season of Survivor starts tonight, and I, for one can't wait. I think this occasion calls for starwberry daiquiris! Or better yet, I'll just bring the whole rum bottle and make a drinking game out of it. One shot for every wannabe starlet with a boob job! Nah...I'll be passed out before the first commercial. Daiquiris it is!

4 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Ditto on the dogs Val. The stray ones who runs in packs are very scary. That is why I don't walk anymore. Too many irresponsible owners let their dogs loose and if they get lost, their owners don't look for them. I have found many pet dogs and CATS too, in front of our yard just sitting there, waiting for us to feed them. The lost pets are the sad ones.

papa said...

ROCK ON! I didn't know you were a Survivor fan,Val!!!!Woe to the person who might call or come by to visit during the show tonight!!!

ChristopherM said...

Ah, but Laura is totally my fave character on The Runway now! She's so blase' and NY. I love that she said in regards to being preggers for the 6th time, "5, 6, 7, it doesn't really make a difference. I'll just throw it on the pile with the others." LOL!!!! I totally want Michael to win, though.

Ms. Val said...

Yeah, maybe, Christopher. But somebody needs to buy that woman a top button...and a hairstyle. The ponytail is so BORING! That's one of the reasons I quit wearing my hair long.