Sunday, August 20, 2006

Ms. Val's Bargain of the Week

This week, the boys went back to school. So, since I don't start school until next Monday, I had the entire week to do some marathon shopping.

This week's bargain (or more aptly, bargains) came from Old Navy. Their clothes aren't the greatest, but for my boys, it's a race to see whether they will ruin the clothes first, or outgrow them. Besides, had a coupon that was about to expire.

For Kyle, I bought 2 pairs of cargo shorts ($6.99 each), 1 pair of denim shorts ($7.49), 2 pairs of jeans ($6.99 and $7.99), and--the bargain of all bargains--1 pair of swim trunks ($1.97).

There wasn't much available in Luke's size so he only got 2 pairs of cargo shorts ($6.99), and a pair of drawstring cotton shorts ($4.49).

And then there's the coupon. That puppy got me $10 off my total purchase. The grand total, after tax came to $50.62. Not bad for 9 articles of clothing.

Runner up: This prize goes to a lady on the Fiesta message board who won a medium green (rare color for you non-collectors) sauce boat on eBay for $3.50, including shipping.

1 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Val, count your blessings you have sons that wear the clothes you buy. I hope there won't come a day when you buy something you know will look great on them and they won't wear them because they "did not select the clothes personally".

Yes, that MG bowl was great find for her. However, I stll can't get excited about vintage.