Saturday, August 19, 2006

The Mom List


1. "Mom, where's my other shoe?"

2. "Moooooooom!!!!!!! Jango threw up in my rooooom!!!!!"

3. "Mom, can I go out and play?"
"Did you finish your homework?"
"No, but can I go out and play?"
"Didn't you hear what I just asked you?"
"Yeah, but can I?"

4. "Mo-om! Lucas is hogging all the Pop Tarts!"

5. "Mom, for my birthday, I want a guitar, an amp, an iPod..."
"But your birthday is, like 10 months away!"
"And your point is....?"

6. "Mom, why can't Lucas practice his drums when I'm not home?!"

7. "Mom! I found your secret Oreo stash!" ;-D

8. "Mom, can I use your computer? Mine's all the way upstairs!"

9. "Moooooom! You were supposed to remind me that today was ravioli day in the cafeteria!!!"

10. "Mom, where's my Nickelback CD?"

11. "Mom! You didn't wake me up!"
"Your alarm went off! I heard it!"
"Yeah, but...you...didn't...come...in...and...wake...me...up!!!!!!"

12. "Mom, how come Jango always jumps on your bed, but not mine?"

13. "Mom! You and Dad went to Tokyo Lobby without US!?!?!"

14. "Mom, you have to wash my jeans more often!"

15. "Mom, can I unload the dishwasher later?"
"Later when?"
"Just later."

16. "Mom, why don't we have a DVD player in our car, just like "Joey"?"
"Because we have a convertible."

End of discussion.

3 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Oh Val! What a heartwarming list. I enjoyed every bit of it. Gotta love the boys!!!

ChristopherM said...

Nickleback? Oh no, I hope you hid that away!

Ms. Val said...

Christopher, you ARE getting old! You're complaining about today's music the same way our parents complained about ours!

Ces, I don't know if I would call this list heartwarming. Rather, it's my non-violent way of dealing with my once-a-month psycho hormones.