Friday, July 28, 2006

Before and After: The Back Doors

We recently replaced our sliding glass doors with beautiful, double French doors. We were going to wait until we remodeled the kitchen, but the sliders had just gotten too hard to open. It had gotten to the point where the boys were knocking whenever they wanted to be let in the house. THAT, I felt, was unacceptable.

Before:



After:


A piece of advice: Don't ever paint outdoors in the summer if you don't have to. I did this last week when it was 115+ outside--WITH humidity! I rewarded myself by ordering pizza for dinner.

I should add that I'm not entirely happy with the unpainted window frames in the second picture. I'll likely be painting over those soon.

2 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

val, this is perfect! Beautiful. Simply elegant.

Ms. Val said...

Thank you. We're pretty happy with the way the doors turned out. We especially love not having to fight to get the door open.