Saturday, June 17, 2006

My Little Sugars


I bought these Amberstone and Casualstone sugar bowls on eBay awhile back. These are among Luke’s favorite pieces. He even gave them their own Fiesta color names. The Casualstone bowl has become Dandelion. And he refers to the Amberstone bowl as Moldy Coconut.

I don’t know where that boy gets this stuff. Granted, Dandelion is quite fitting. And I can understand Coconut, but…moldy? I asked him if even knows what a moldy coconut looks like. Because I sure don’t! He told me that was just the first thing that came to him the first time he saw Amberstone in one of my books.

I shudder to think of what he would have to say about Turf Green….

5 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Hooray for Luke. I love "Moldy Coconut". I love even more his cute face!

Ms. Val said...

He's definately a cutie. Even at 8, he's still my baby doll. With that face, he has no choice.

After he read my blog, he asked to see a picture of turf green. I showed him one and he promptly named it "Dirty Camoflouge".

Ces Adorio said...

He is very smart, creative and quick-witted.

Joy Eliz said...

Hi! I found your page thru Ces...
This picture and post completely made my morning!
Moldy coconut...I LOVE it!
And I really love those sugar containers:)

Ms. Val said...

Hi, Joy. Thank you for checking out my blog. I hope you'll come back often.