Monday, May 01, 2006

You might be a Fiesta collector if...


--You remodel the kitchen to accommodate all your goodies.

--You're not a coffee drinker, but you still have an individual creamer. You use it to pour syrup.

--You wince when your child sets the table with plates in rose, cinnabar, persimmon, and white.

--You keep a box of broken shards for your next mosaic project.

--Your family is sick of Cheerios, but you continue buying them for the Betty Crocker Points.

--Your birthday present: a diamond pendant? No! A sapphire carafe!!!!

--You change the display in your hutch on almost a weekly basis.

--You install vertical plate racks in you kitchen to prevent the Fiesta from getting scratched.

--The thought of your spouse using the lilac cereal bowl makes you cringe.

--You miss rose and seamist. No Easter table is complete without them.

--Evenings are spent on ebay seeking out Fiesta bargains.

--Your vacation plans include a stop at the Homer Laughlin outlet

--You removed the kitchen cabinet doors to display the Fiesta in all its colorful glory.

5 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

I have a lot to say about collectors but I better not. I still don’t think of myself as a collector. I just happen to have a lot of dishes. They were all purchased new and every one of them gets used, even if just being a model for still life paintings. However, I know how the venom of collecting could poison or infect a reasonably sane mind, like waking up one day and deciding that I should have all the P86 Fiesta mugs that were officially produced then getting that collection done in less than a week. I got a new Lilac mug for $54.00. After thinking about it, I got irritated and annoyed with myself for going overboard with a mug; I gave it to my 10-year-old daughter. Also, whatever item in any of the discontinued colors she wants to use, I let her. THWF! I love the dishes and I love the colors. I will continue getting them but I refuse to be a collector. However, I agree with you. These dishes force one to redesign, renovate and rearrange the kitchen, cupboards, china, hutch, etc. It’s a lot of fun. I love the colors.

ChristopherM said...

Ces, you aren't a collector, you're an addict!

Ms. Val said...

Ooooookaaaayyy....... I guess that depends on what you mean by "collector", Ces. Yes, I do think of myself as a collector, but not in the terms you describe. I use the term a lot more loosely.

I buy only those items that I love and I use them all. I also pass on an item if I can't get it for a price that I deem a bargain. That's usually a very low number, and that's why it took me so long to acquire a lilac salad plate.

Also, you'll notice I have not participated in the "pyramid" debate going on at MG. That's because I'm not a pyramid collector. I don't have one in any color and I probably never will...unless I happen upon a pair in the dollar bin at a garage sale....

Ces Adorio said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ces Adorio said...

I think your boys' interests are more interesting than mine.