Monday, May 22, 2006

Survey says.....

I’m always coming across these fun little “about me” surveys. I see them on websites, in magazines, I receive them in e-mails, and I think there was one in my high school yearbook. The other day, Christopher—twin brother, separated at birth—posted one on his blog. Today, it’s my turn. I compiled my own survey with questions I’ve seen in other surveys. I also made up a few of my own.

Name: Valerie

Birthday: March 10

Political Affiliation: Fence Sitter

Favorite Madonna song: “Into the Groove”

Last magazine you read: Phoenix Magazine

Favorite Place to Shop: Toss up between Anthropologie, Banana Republic, eBay, Target, or any book store.

Favorite TV Show that’s no longer on the air: Melrose Place, Knots Landing, and Designing Women

Favorite Cocktail: Jell-O Martini from the Blue Wasabi sushi bar.

Car, Truck, or SUV: Q and I are car people.

Last time you got a haircut: Wednesday morning

Cartoon character you most resemble: Wilma Flintstone…although Q says I look like the pink haired girl from the e-surance commercial.

Cartoon character your significant other most resembles: Q’s a dead ringer for Hank Hill.

Fondest childhood memory: Summers with my aunts and cousins in Iowa.

Favorite Junk Food: Depending on availability, Thin Mint Girl Scout cookies or Oreos.

Your best physical feature: I have great hair.

Favorite House Pet: Skitz. Another Siamese cat would be nice, though.

Famous person you’d like to have lunch with: My movie boyfriend, Owen Wilson

Last Restaurant you ate at: Tokyo Lobby

Time you get up in the morning: 7:00

Favorite Band: Bee Gees, Kiss, Abba, the Supremes, Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass, Journey. I refuse to limit myself to just one.

Favorite room in the house: My bedroom

Last package you received in the mail: FM transmitter for my iPod

Cable or Satellite: Cable

Bumper sticker you wish you could have: “I’d slap you, but $#!% splatters.”

Favorite Breakfast: Waffles topped with strawberries and whipped cream

Best piece of advice your parent(s) gave you: Whenever we whined about a bug or spider scurrying up a wall, Dad would tell us: “Well, don’t eat it!” I use this on my boys now.

7 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Val! I cannot believe you would have a bumper sticker like that.

I loved Designing Women. My favorite character was Delta Burke's. Of course I loved the accent of those women. Anthony was precious. He and Suzanne were wonderful.

Interesting facts about you!

ChristopherM said...

Oooooo, I LOVED Melrose Place! The greatest moment in television history was when after fooling everyone into thinking she was normal and healthy, Kimberly went into the bathroom and pulled off her wig to reveal her wicked scar! We really were separated at birth. Into the Groove is my favorite Madonna song! And Craig is turning into Hank Hill too!

Ces, for the record, I talk just like Julia Sugarbaker. ;-)

Ces Adorio said...

Christopher, you do not say! I hope you do not dress like her, although that Tina Camaro would look good in a Julia Sugarbaker suit. Darn! I can't believe I am telling a man to dress like a woman. Julia was very sexy. She belongs to the same characters as the brunette in Charlie's Angels - the brainy one. In high scool, I had a crush on that brunette Angel, I wanted to be just like her. But I outgrew my idol worship. Now I just like bad old Chinese Kung Fu movies where the fighters dressed in silk robes stop their enemies by whipping them with their long pony tails.

Ms. Val said...

Whenever "Into the Groove" comes on the car radio, I like to pretend I'm Roseanna Arquette driving across the bridge into NYC in a Mustang convertible. I just loved "Desperately Seeking Susan". Aidan Quinn was HOT!!!

I want to BE Julia Sugarbaker. She has the best diction of any TV character before or since. She also has the BEST wardrobe. Her clothes have definately withstood the test of time.

Ces Adorio said...

Owen Wilson? Was he the one with Jacki Chan on that western movie?

So where is the photo of the new haircut?

Ms. Val said...

Ces, Owen Wilson was the hot blonde guy in "Wedding Crashers". He was also in "Starsky and Hutch" with Ben Stiller. He does a lot of movies with Ben Stiller.

My haircut was just a trim and looks the same as usual--I don't dare mess with perfection. :-) You can see it on my "Family Night" post below. the laying on the pink inner-tube.

Ces Adorio said...

Two years ago I bought 200 boxes of Girl Scout cookies. This year we only bought 150. I am glad they only sell them once a year or I'll get fat just from looking at the boxes. It's crazy writing a huge check for cookies. I also buy from my co-workers. Oh yes, I love Girl Scouting!