Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Big Yum

Last spring, I spent Friday afternoons at the boys' school selling popsicles during lunch recess. The Popsicle sales were a PTSA fundraiser, and Fudgsicles were always the best seller. In fact, we often had to hide a bunch at the bottom of the cooler so we'd have enough when the seventh and eighth graders were ready to buy.

Today while food shopping, I noticed that Fry's had buy one box-get one free on Popsicle brand. I chose the Healthy Bunch variety (the same ones we sell at the school). I was also going to get the boys a box that had superheroes on the front, until I spotted Triple Chocolate Fudgsicles. I thought it would be good to try something different.

As shown on the box, they're low in fat--only 1 gram of saturated fat per pop and zero trans-fat. Normally, I tend to shy away from reduced fat junk food, but these are VERY good. In fact, I think I'm addicted to the dark chocolate flavor.

0 comments: