Sunday, June 15, 2008

Staycation Highlights: Day 1 (Saturday)

--We drove to Arcosanti for live jazz, art exhibits, and Indian fry bread. We had a nice time, but it was too hot to stay for the entire day.

--On the drive back to town, we did some loose activity planning the week. I told the boys that they could each choose two restaurants for us to eat at over the course of the vacation. Lucas chose Peter Piper Pizza and Rubio's Baja Grill. Kyle picked In-N-Out Burger and Cousins' Subs. Aim high, boys.

--We stopped at the outlet mall in Anthem so I could check out the offerings at Gap Outlet. Their selection and sale prices aren't what they used to be. I left without buying anything.

--By late afternoon, we were back home, and in the pool.

--For dinner we went to Peter Piper Pizza. I was feeling generous so I bought the Pizza & Play Pack with 60 game tokens instead of the 40 we usually get.

--At home, we stayed up late and watched one of Luke's and my favorite movies--National Lampoon's Vacation. My favorite part is when Clark and Ellen are singing "Mockingbird" in the car. They're almost as good as James and Carly.

1 comments:

RainbowDishes said...

What a great vacation so far! Oops, I mean Staycation. As for Lucas and Kyle's restaurant choices.....to be young again. :)

Enjoy the rest of your Staycation!