Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Closet Cleanout

I spent the better part of last weekend cleaning out our bedroom closet. And in doing so, I discovered that this chore needs to be done more often than every five years. Also, I waste far too much money at Old Navy.

This heap on the bathroom floor is my stuff. The pile got a whole lot bigger when we cleaned out Q's part of the closet. He had no fewer than a dozen pairs of fat pants left over from his Cushing's days. When he tried them on, it looked like he was auditioning for a part as the "after" guy in a weight loss commercial.

I even gave away some pink stuff. Some of these items were too stained, some no longer fit, and some were hopelssly out of style.

We now have LOTS of empty hangers. And this isn't even all of them. We distrbuted a large portion among four other closets and the laundry room.

The finished product. I'm anxious to see how long it will stay like this.

This is now the least offensive carpet in the entire house. Funny since it hasn't been vaccuumed in 8 years!

As a reward, I treated myself to a new pair of bedside lamps from the clearance aisle at Hobby Lobby. Those paper-shaded IKEA lamps had to go.

0 comments: