Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Great Day!

I had a good day today.
.
This morning, I was able to enroll for classes at Scottsdale. Earlier in the semester, I had decided that I was going to transfer colleges. I just can't deal with that harpy CDT instructor, who will also be teaching two classes I need for next semester.
.
I had found both classes being offered at Scottsdale, but by the time open enrollment started, the Modern Architecture class had been filled up (perhaps with other refugees from the GCC design program). But last night, I was nosing around the SCC website and found the Modern Architecture class has been reopened! Woo Hoo!!!!! I went ahead and enrolled in the Interior Materials class, too.
.
The commute will be a bitch--30 miles each way. But it's only three days a week. And it will be more than worth it not to have to deal with Harpy.
.
I still need an elective, however. There's an upholstery class that I have my eye on at GCC. The class is only offered at night, and I was trying to avoid having to take night classes. But it just might be worth it if it means I'll get to graduate in the spring..
.
I should have known today would be a good one. When the alarm went off this morning, Jefferson Starship was playing on the radio. The only crimp is that JS was followed by Edie Brickell, whose voice--in my opinion--is the audio equivalent of bad breath. What the heck is "cereal box religion", anyway?
.
Other good things that happened today:
.
--We had perfect convertible weather this afternoon.
.
--Harpy was in a pretty decent mood.
.
--I got 96% on my color scheme project.
.
--I had a good hair day.
.
--There were no dirty dishes in the sink when I came home.
.
--Kyle wore a sweatshirt without my having to ask him to (it was a little chilly this morning).
.
--I went the whole day without getting a headache.
.
--I finally got to go to Hobby Lobby! A few of the ladies in my CDT class swear by this place. And I can see why. That store is like Michael's on acid! Problem is, we only have one location in Arizona, and it's almost 20 miles away in Avondale.
.
--Hobby Lobby had the 3/16" Helvetica-style rub on letters I need for an upcoming project. I had searched every scrapping aisle in the northwest valley for those things!
.
--I'll have to go back to HL during one of my husband- and child-free afternoons. There was no browsing allowed tonight. Once I found the rub-ons, the guys were ready to leave. That store has lots of cool wall hangings and small accessory furniture. I hope they build a one in the Glendale/Peoria/Arrowhead area.
.
--After we left HL, we drove to nearby Goodyear to this organic pizza place I read about in the paper. It was VERY tasty.
.
--We were treated to a very cool sunset that looked like orange, pink, and purple flames shooting into the sky.
.
Yep...good day.
.

1 comments:

kj said...

val, i envy the classes you are taking. sounds like your education is right up your alley (and mine too).

so now i know you live 30 miles from scottsdale! nice area...

:)