Wednesday, June 13, 2007

The "Get Off My TV List", Part 2


--Commercials that offer teaser rate mortgages.

--Those eHarmony commercials where the couples are so sickeningly sweet on each other. Get these people off the TV before diabetes sits in.

--War movies (My dad would be spinning in his grave if he heard me say that.)

--Monk marathons. Seriously people...one episode, once a week is enough!

--Reruns of The Nanny (About a year ago, Lifetime yanked Designing Women in favor of The Nanny. For this, I will never forgive them)

--The GMC commercials where the jingle is Modern English's I Melt With You sung lullaby style. (one more reason why my next car will be Japanese).

--The Baldwins...The Olsens....The Simpsons (and I don't mean Homer and company)

--Those Jenny Craig commercials where Kirstie Alley mercilessly butchers the pronounciation of my first name. ("Vah-REE!")

--"Negative equity applied to new loan balance".

--Those teenage brats who force their mom to get a second job as a giant taco costume-wearing spectacle in order to subsidize their unlimited texting habits.

--WWE, Smackdown, and their ilk. (Don't tell that to the neighbor boy!)

--News teasers. Just tell us, already! Don't make us wait until the final segmant! On second thought, I'll just turn off your program and consult the Internet.

--Paris' jail saga monopolizing airtime on otherwise respectable news stations. Only in America can this be considered newsworthy.

2 comments:

MG said...

--Those teenage brats who force their mom to get a second job as a giant taco costume-wearing spectacle in order to subsidize their unlimited texting habits.

Yes! I'd have to take a hammer to their phones before I dressed like a taco!!

Ms. Val said...

And that's why the mom from the other commercial wisely took away her daughter's phone! She didn't want to end up being Taco Mom's replacement!