Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Alphabet Soup


I got this meme from kj's blog. She had some cool, interesting answers and I thought it would be fun to add my own flavor to the alphabet soup. Enjoy


A is for Age: 34 years old, but I don't feel it. And I'd like to think I don't look it, either. I still have acne, for crying out loud!

B is for Beer of choice: None. Beer makes me sick.

C is for Career: Part time college student; part time laundry wench; full time Mom.

D is for favorite Drink: Mango Mantra smoothie from Jamba Juice.

E is for Essential item(s) you use everyday: Laptop computer; iPod; Chapstick; Pureology Nanowax for my hair; debit card.

F is for Favorite song at the moment: "Midnight in Moscow" by Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen.

G is for favorite Game: Playing old-school Super Mario Bros. with my son. Or maybe Name That Tune.

H is for How About Whatever Favorite I Choose: Breed of cat--Siamese.

I is for Instruments played: I took violin lessons in fourth grade. Nowadays, I play a mean iPod.

J is for favorite Juice: Tropical flavored Diet V8 Splash.

K is for Kids: Two tweenage boys and an adopted Siamese kitty. Jango is the baby of the family...a title that Lucas was more than happy to relenquish.

L is for Last kiss: Yesterday when I dropped Q off at his office after our dentist appointments.

M is for Marriage: Yes. 15 years. Sometimes I think Q ought to be nominated for sainthood for having put up with me for so long. Other times, I think the opposite is true.

N is for full Name: Nice try, but not on the Internet...at least not as long as I can avoid it. I would just like to know what my parents were thinking when they chose my first name. While it's not completely uncommon, I always thought it was a little weird.

O is for Overnight hospital stays: When I had my babies.


P is for Phobias: Power tools. Particularly table saws, but nail guns scream "silent, but deadly". This particular phobia stems from an old episode of Rescue 911 where a couple of construction workers were at a job site, and...I can't continue. It's just too gruesome, but you get the idea. I'm also afraid of dogs, but that fear is mostly quelched when the owner assures me that their pet won't bite, jump or attack. Now, if I see a stray dog running loose in the neighborhood, I will shore up the house, lock the boys in their rooms, and hide out upstairs until it's gone.

Q is for Quote: "Don't pee on my head and tell me it's raining" or perhaps, "Don't insult my intelligence, Kirk!"

R is for biggest Regret: Not buying a house in the Moon Valley area of Phoenix. I love our house here in Peoria. But our newish neighborhood lacks the character of Moon Valley, which was developed in the '70s and '80s. Back when were were looking for a house, we said we didn't want to take on the problems that are inherent with an "older" house. That's why we chose the new build. But in reality, new houses eventually become old houses that need repair, too. Our kitchen counters are warped near the sink. The exterior paint is looking faded (many of our neighbors have already had their houses re-painted). And the carpet is just plain nasty.


S is for sports: Shopping. I consider that a sport. She who buys the most cool stuff for the least amount of cash wins!

T is for Time you wake up: It varies. The Siamese alarm clock goes off sometime between 4 and 5:30. The regular alarm goes off at 6.


U is for color Underwear: Yes. Colored underwear is very important. I'm a firm believer that you should keep 12 to 15 pairs of any color underwear on hand at all times...just in case you get lazy with the laundry.

V is for Vegetable you love: Summer squash...especially when Q makes it with this sweetened soy sauce-like concoction. Mmmmmmm.........

W is for Worst Habit: I am very hotheaded. My overly-diplomatic husband has had to restrain me from many a confrontation.

X is for X-rays you’ve had: Yes, I've had x-rays. Do ultrasounds count?

Y is for Yummy food you make: One of my family's favorite meals is burritos, and I make the beans from scratch. I used to make the tortillas that way, too...which is a very arduous chore. A few years ago, our grocery store began stocking uncooked tortillas, so I now buy those instead. Just cook 'em up in a non-stick frying pan and they're just as good as homemade.

Z is for Zodiac sign: Pisces the Fish.


No tags this time. If anyone wants to try this, they're more than welcome to do so.

5 comments:

Menchie said...

LOL! I play a mean ipod too!

My mouth watered when you mentioned burritos.

Irene said...

That was a fun alphabet to read! Thanks for sharing little interesting bits about yourself. ;p

kj said...

very fun, val! i most liked knowing about your hot-headedness along with your red-headedness!

and of course your alphabet soup soup is as always awesome. HOW do you do all that???

nice to catch up abit. stay cool.

Ms. Val said...

Menchie--
iPods are great. No more having to change the CD in the car. I think I'm making burritos for dinner tonight.

Irene--
Nice to see you back! I was glad to read that you got your studio up and running.

KJ--
Thanks for stopping by. But how do I do what? I guess since these items are just little facets of my life that I take on everyday, I just don't think about them much.

Romeo Morningwood said...

I love playing super Mario Smash Brothers with my 5 yr old Son...because I can't play any of the FPS games that my 16 Son plays.

I just can't do it. Too spazzy!

Nail guns are a healthy phobia and roving dogs are to be avoided.
Great list!