Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thursday 13


1. There are 6 items that I must keep in every room of the house: nail clippers, nail file, scissors, Chapstick, a box of Kleenex, and a trash can.

2. I have a bad habit if buying candles and never using them. They're just too pretty...until they become coated in dust.

3. I like wearing big, baggy jeans, and I don't care if they make my butt look big.

4. My boys really enjoy riding the bus to school. And I have no clue why. When I was a kid, I hated it. It was hot, loud, crowded, and mine was always one of the last stops.

5. If it's not Siamese, it's just a cat.

6. Lately, our mailbox had stuffed with more coupon-filled envelopes and circulars. Now, I love saving money as much as the next guy, but there comes a point where all the mail order catalogs, grocery store sale ads, "special offer" flyers, and coupon cards become mere litter, strewn about the kitchen table, countertop, and the front hall console. Yes, I know it's junk mail and should be dealt with accordingly, but the coupons are a great way to learn about new restaurants and shops that have opened up in my neighborhood.

7. Today, I asked Q what he'd like to do for Valentine's Day. His response: "What are my choices?"

8. Since V-Day falls on a Wednesday, we'll probably stay home, and order pizza or Chinese take-out. I can live with that just as long as we can watch something other than TV poker or King of Queens reruns.

9. I have a fanatical interest in anything to do with real estate. There are several houses for sale in the neighborhood, and I have them all on a watch list at Realtor.com.

10. If we were to move tomorrow, this is the house I would like to buy.

11. I'm thinking about growing my hair longer. While I still like my current hairstyle (it's very low maintenance), I've worn it this way for over five years. That just seems wrong, somehow.

12. Kyle found this poser in his math book: How is four one-half of five? I'll post the answer tomorrow.

13. Last night, I lost my husband and son to Lost. Tonight, they will lose me to Survivor.

1 comments:

Menchie said...

OMG! You just reminded me of Valentines Day! We celebrate VDay at home because it's my great aunt's birthday. No dates on the 14th.

I can't wait for the answer to the math problem!