Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Before and After: The Downstairs Bathroom

Back in August, I posted about wanting to redo the downstairs bathroom. I intended to do the job back then, but life got in the way. And by "life", I mean architectural history class. Anyway, I used the time between Christmas and New Years to finally redecorate the bathroom. Here's how it looked before:
And here's now it looks now: new paint job...
New light fixture...
New faucet
New mirror...
and new towels...two of which are fluffy and pink!
After a few false starts, Jango is getting used to drinking from the new faucet. We still have the old contractor-grade faucets in the other bathrooms if she prefers...
Going into this project, I had originally planned on repainting the vanity, but once I got the lavender paint on the walls, I decided that the white-wash cabinetry didn't look too bad. Besides, I didn't want to create more work for myself. Also, I didn't replace the shower curtain because not having it makes the room more light and open. The shower in this room barely gets used to begin with.

4 comments:

ChristopherM said...

Aw Val, is that chartreuse mug there for me?

Ms. Val said...

Christopher, I suppose it could be. Actually, I chose the chartreuse mug for a few reasons:
--With the lavender walls, pink and yellow towels, and peach-colored soap, green wasn't adequately represented.
--I liked the way mug looked next to the soap. It's a kind of a honeydew-cantaloupe thing.
--Other than juniper, chartreuse is the only other mug I have two of. And I wasn't willing to split up the complete set in the kitchen.

Menchie said...

Hi! Visiting from Maria's blog. Can I just say I love your new bathroom? I loved what you did with it. Although the before picture was already nice!

Ms. Val said...

Hi, Menchie. Thanks for stopping by. And thank you for the compliments on my bathroom. You're right, it didn't look bad before. I was just ready for a change.