Saturday, December 23, 2006

A Fluffy Pink Christmas


Christopher posted a meme of his Christmas favorites. And since I have to do everything Christopher does (it's a law...look it up), I'm posting my own. Enjoy.

Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate. Double the chocolate, serve it up in a Fiesta pedestal mug and top it with half a can of whipped cream. Ah, perfection!

Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree? Wrapped...absolutely. The paper from the unwrapped presents make great weaponry for the wrapping paper battles (the closest thing you get to a snowball fight in Phoenix) that often ensue after all gifts are open. Hint: tissue paper or some other really thin paper works best for wadding up and achieving distance. One year, I bought that mylar wrapping paper, and the fight was a bust.

Colored lights on tree/house or white. White on the tree. It accents the ornaments better, IMO. I can go either way on the house, although this year we have all white.

Do you hang mistletoe? Only if I can find some Boy Scouts selling it outside the grocery store.

When do you put your decorations up? Right after I get all the crap out of the downstairs closet to get to the Christmas boxes in the back.

What is your favorite Christmas dish? Owen Wilson dressed in a Santa suit. Maybe I'll even get to sit on his lap! 8-)~

Favorite Christmas memory as a child? Waking up to find my first little bicycle parked in the middle of the living room. I believe I was 4 or 5 at the time.

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember. That repressed memory defense mechanism works wonders.

What tops your tree? Nothing right now. I have yet to find a topper worthy of my decorating style.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We have in the past. But I find that once you start, you can't stop. That means you wake up on Christmas morning to nothing under the tree. How depressing is that? So my answer is no.

What kind of cookies does Santa get set out for him? The white chocolate and oatmeal cookies that Q makes...as long as we don't polish them off first.

Snow! Love it or hate it? Love it in small doses. It's a rare commodity here in the desert.

Can you ice skate? I guess I can. I did it once when I took Kyle to a birthday party at the local ice rink. I didn't wake up in the hospital or sustain any injuries.

Favorite tradition? It would't be Christmas around here without stockings full of chocolate coins. Also, we have to watch National Lampoons Christmas Vacation at least twice. And then there's the wrapping paper fights mentioned above.

Which do you prefer - giving or receiving? Would it be bad form to admit that I like receiving? Although I really enjoy giving when I know that the gift is something that the recipient really wants and was unable to acquire on their own.

What is your favorite Christmas Carol? Anything from the Charlie Brown Christmas album.

Candy Canes? Only in very small doses...like when you have bad breath.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ms. val -
"wrapping paper fights" hmmmm? sounds interesting and fun, much like how I feel about gambling...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and here's to a great 2007!

m.e.