Thursday, November 09, 2006

Thursday 13


1. When Q and I were in Palm Springs a few weeks ago, I listened to a lot of Muzak. And I liked it. And I don't care who knows it.

2. There is nothing "average" about me.

3. I love carrying expensive designer handbags, but my favorite shoes come from Famous Footwear. They are very comfortable and cost about $30 ($20 if I get them on sale).

4. I also wear $10 sunglasses from Target, but that's because I'm always losing or damaging them.

5. About 7 years ago, I got food poisoning from eating fish tacos at a place called Kokopelli Grill (yes, I'm naming names). I was sick for a week. And because of that, I absolutely refuse to ever eat fish tacos again. Of course, whenever we drive past Rubio's, Q will pipe up: "Hey, Val...look! 99 cent fish tacos! You wanna stop?"

6. I should point out that just about everything else at Rubio's is good.

7. My favorite place to study and do homework is the family room. No TV there! But I do have the distraction of ogling at my Fiesta in the neighboring kitchen.

8. I am trying to drop a few pounds. I bought the boys strawberry ice cream since I am in no way tempted by it.

9. There's been a lot of yelling in our house lately. Not bad yelling, really. Just everyone trying to hold conversations from 1 or 2 rooms away: "Kyle...don't forget your keys!" "Mom, do we have anymore pastrami?" "Val, have you seen my wallet around here?" "Someone, please answer the doorbell!"

10. I stop at Jamba Juice no fewer than three times a week. I always get the regular Mango Mantra smoothie with the Burner and Fiber boosts.

11. I am enjoying this new trend of long, tunic-style shirts. When paired with a cool belt, they flatter my figure more than shorter, regular length tops. Now, I just wish the rise on ladies' jeans would climb a little higher.

12. I have spent the better part of the week working my @$$ off on three assignments for my architectural history class. If I am not sleeping or attending class, I am creating notebooks outlining the various styles of the European Renaissance or writing a report and designing a presentation board on Japanese architecture. I no longer have a life. As a result, the house is covered in paper clutter. The kitchen is overrun with dirty dishes and groceries that never got put away. And the laundry is laying around in various stages of doneness: unwashed...washed, but not dried...dried, but not folded...folded, but not put away.

13. I have noticed a disportionate number of students have been dropping the aforementioned class.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must agree that there is nothing average about you. And that, my friend, is definitely a good thing! c",)

Ms. Val said...

Irene, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Conformity Sucks.

Ces Adorio said...

Val, don't remove your videos for me please. I will access your blog from another site that will allow me to view it without the video. My usual pc has high security controls, after all we have a teenager.

As for T13, I love reading about your shopping escapades. I agree with the offending food. Food poisoning is awful and unfortunately sometimes affects only one person because it was just that food at a certain time handled by a certain individual...yeech! I've had my share and while it is a realiable cause of weight loss, it still is hell.

Plase reinstall you video program Val. Don't remove it on my account, please. Thank you.

Ms. Val said...

Ces, you are sweeter than the sweetest sweet that has ever been sweet. I won't get rid of the videos completely, but I will cut back on them. To be honest, finding videos I like has taken a little more effort than I care to exert. Seriously, the vast majority of my favorite songs don't even have videos! And I only want post songs that I really like.

In short, I will take the videos down for the time being. But when and if I do find one I really want to post, I will put it up for a day or so, I promise. :-)

Besides, there's still Cotton Candy....

Ces Adorio said...

Okay Val, you have turned me into a diabetic with all that sugar :-)

kj said...

val and ces: i like the way you two figured out how to handle the videos. you are both sweet girls.