Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Ms. Val's Day Off

On Sunday, we took the day off from housework and homework and spent the day in Tempe.

Our first stop was Tempe Town Lake, where we rented a couple of kayaks. Incidentally, this is the boys first boat ride that wasn't on a ferry or tour vessel. This was strictly DIY.


The weather was perfect. The temperature was neither too hot nor too cold. It was breezy and the waters were a little choppy, but I think that made it more fun.

The only drawback is that the kayaks have holes in the bottom. If I had known this, I would have had everyone wear swimming suits. Instead, we walked around all afternoon looking like we peed our pants.


Afterwards, we went over to downtown Tempe and Mill Avenue. We wanted to show the boys that a real downtown is more than just sports arenas and parking garages. We ate lunch at Fatburger. Not an ideal choice if you're trying to drop a few, but it's what Kyle wanted and I did share fries with Quinton and Lucas instead of getting my own. Afterwords, we walked around, did a little sightseeing, and I picked up my Bargain of the Week, which I will post shortly.

3 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

I am so glad to see and your family spending time away from Allison Sugarbaker! Sounds and looks like you all had a great time.

Bummer on the wet pants, but I am sorry, I am laughing, not a lot though and it's a compassionate laugh. Okay, I am laughing out loud! Yes, I would have peed just because they are wet.

Thanks for sharing Val. Wonderful family time.

Romeo Morningwood said...

FATBURGER!?
If that isn't the ultimate american eatery I'll eat my horse!
Isn't kayaking fun..except for the wet tush part...looks nice and warm..although I shouldn't complain it is going up to 47 F today (normally near zero)but still...looks like a nice family day.
FATBURGER!

Anonymous said...

ahhhh you guys had so much fun! now i wanna go sailing...

that was a good break from home and house work, right?