Sunday, October 15, 2006

Ms. Val's Bargain of the Week

When I decorated our guest room a few years ago, I wanted to do it in girlie style. After all, it was the only room that Q didn't object to me painting pink. To complete the look, I bought this pastel patchwork comforter for the bed. The colors are just perfect. And admittedly, I bought it purely based on how it looked.

Problem is, the comforter is useful only during cold weather...which we only get in Phoenix maybe 2 months out of the year. It's useless the rest of the time. Also, the fact that the guest room window faces south--making it the warmest room in the house--doesn't help matters.

Since we'll be having a series of guests staying here in the next few months, I felt a new blanket was in order. I wandered into Linens 'n' Things and headed straight to the clearance department. Let the digging begin.

And that's exactly what I did. There were quite a few blankets and comforters that had been taken out of those plastic zipper bags and replaced. As such, many bags that were labeled "Full/Queen" actually contained Twins.

I finally found this lightweight down blanket. The original price was $50. It been marked down to $40 before being relegated to the clearance section, where everything was 50% off.

So, after my 20% off coupon and tax were applied, I got this blanket for $17.29.

0 comments: