Thursday, September 21, 2006

Thursday 13


1. Monday and Wednesday nights have become quickie dinner nights at our house. I have classes on those evenings so our dinners usually consist of spaghetti with jar sauce, tuna casserole, hot dogs, or we order a pizza.

2. I've been working my @$$ off on a project for architectural history class. That's why most of this week's blog entries have been of the short, canned variety. The first part of the project is due today and I can't wait to have this off my back. In the back of my mind, I think I'm made this assignment harder for myself than it really is.

3. I'll be able to spend the weekend cleaning! Woo hoo!

4. I'd rather be cleaning the house than looking for examples of Sumerian interiors.

5. And I'd rather be having oral surgery than cleaning the house.

6. Speaking of cleaning, I can eventually come to terms with the messes around here. I can live with clothes on the floor as long as they at least land in the vicinity of the hamper. I can live with school papers on every surface because school papers are a fact of life. I just can't live with litter! I can not live with empty pop cans on the floor. I will not accept chewed-up popsicle sticks left on the table. Trash cans, people! TRASH CANS!!!! Learn to use them. Thanks to the dollar store, they are all over this house. Every single solitary room in this house has a trash can in it. Some rooms even have two!!!!!

7. In the meantime, I will not be buying soda or popsicles.

8. I'm really looking forward to Q's and my anniversary trip to Palm Springs. We'll only be gone for the weekend, but I can't wait to get out of town.

9. I'm also looking forward to a week without any kind of car trouble. I don't even want to deal with a burnt out tail light bulb.

10. I can only sleep under certain strict conditions: The thermostat must be set at 76 or 77 degrees. No more, no less--I can feel the difference. The slats on the blinds must be facing down so no outside light shines in. The bedroom door has to be open. The ceiling fan must be spinning counterclockwise on the medium setting. The pajamas must be cotton. And the sheets have to be 500 thread count or greater. My fussiness drives Q crazy, but I think he enjoys the results.

11. Q took me out to lunch at Tokyo Lobby on Tuesday. The boys would be pissed if they found out we went there without them.

12. The weather is starting to cool off in the Phoenix area. Kyle has started riding his bike to school and Q accompanied me to the new hiking trail on Monday. We turned around and went back the minute he started feeling tired.

13. On Tuesday morning, "Desert Moon" by Dennis Deyoung popped up on my iPod. I had goose bumps the whole way to school.

5 comments:

Ces Adorio said...

Val, sounds like you are burning the candles on both ends with your schedule. Good luck on your studies and have a happy anniversary.

I've had oral surgery. it's nothing compared to housekeeping! LOL!!!

kj said...

oooh, # 10 sounds compulsive and intriguing... :)

i look forward to updates on the soda etc strike. all future adult potential partners appreciate that you are teaching your sweet boys to pick up after themselves.

Ms. Val said...

Actually, Ces, our anniversary trip isn't for another month. I'm just really, Really, REALLY looking forward to getting out of here.

You're right, kj. #10 is compulsive. I even had our house built so the master bedroom would get northern exposure. That makes it the coolest room in the house.

Maria said...

Ms. Val,
am your complete opposite when it comes to sleeping (#10); I can sleep in any condition!

Happy anniversary (in advance)!

Been meaning to ask, may I add you to my blogroll?

m.e.

Ms. Val said...

Maria, you're lucky. I wish I posessed that trait--especially when we're staying in hotels or other people's houses. Life would be so much easier.

I would be very pleased if you added me to your blogroll. Thank you. May I add you to mine? I mean, as soon as I learn how????