Thursday, September 07, 2006

Thursday 13


1. I don’t particularly like wearing dresses. I prefer pants and jeans. I own very few skirts, and I wear them only when I have to.

2. In my opinion, the best looking men are the ones who drive minivans and 4-door family cars.

3. I have gotten on a recycling kick as of late. Every few days, I fill the trunk full of shipping boxes, milk jugs, water bottles, and junk mail and take them down to a recycling bin at the park. Then, I drop Styrofoam peanuts off at the UPS Store. They're always so thrilled to have them.

4. I tend to edit, un-edit, and re-edit my blog entries many times before I’m truly happy with them.

5. That Geico commercial with Charo annoys me to the point where I will change the channel and risk missing part of the show I'm watching.

6. I just reached 1,000 songs on my iPod.

7. I inherited my Dad's sense of direction and navigation skills. Give me a Phoenix address and I can drive straight there. I might need to take a quick glance at Yahoo maps, but I always know where I'm going. Once, my Grandpa told me that my written directions to our new house were among the best he'd ever gotten.

8. I come up with my best Thursday 13 items at times when I'm least able to write them down: at school, in the shower, in the car, at the grocery store... Once I sit down at my computer, writer's block sets in.

9. I do not know how to buy liquor. Q once asked me to buy vodka for chocolate martinis, and I drew a blank. I don't know cheap vodka from a premium label, or even flavored from unflavored. It all tastes the same to me. I ended up buying a bottle of Seagrams vanilla. I won't know the difference, and I don't think Q will either.

10. Speaking of liquor, I cannot stand the taste of wine or beer (I'm starting to think I'm adopted for this very reason). They both make me sick. I prefer the hard stuff--in the form of pina coladas, margaritas, daiquiris, mudslides, and flavored martinis, garnished with a pineapple wedge and an umbrella.

11. My debit card has become my best friend. Between that and online bill paying, I rarely write checks anymore. The only checks I write anymore are for Luke's drum lessons, the school book orders, and for the boys' lunch money.

12. Jango has gotten very attached to me. If I'm gone all day, she waits at the laundry room door and screams at me the minute I come home. She then follows me around, screaming while I take off my shoes, check messages, put things away, etc.

13. I tried hard to like this new show Fashion House. But with the bad acting, cheesy music, bad acting, wannabe pretty people, bad acting, cosmetic surgery, stock footage of expensive mansions, and bad acting, it reminds me of those *ahem* "cheaply produced" shows on Cinemax. It's just lacking the only things some of us watch Cinemax for!

3 comments:

ChristopherM said...

First of all the UPS Store is happy to take those peanuts because they charge about $3000 a pound for them! The profit margin is like cocaine! Still, it is better than throwing them out or keeping sacks of them laying around like I do.

Second of all, my favorite vanilla vodka is Stoli Vanil. I think it has the richest flavor without being too much. My second favorite, oddly enough, is this really dirt cheap brand called Burnett's. It is seriously like $6.99 a bottle, and tastes better than Absolut, Skyy, Seagram's or Smirnoff.

Damn, now I want a drink.

Ms. Val said...

Well, all I care about is reclaiming some of the garage space. We have so much crap lining the walls that we're lucky we can get both cars in there.

I just hated the idea of throwing peanuts in the garbage so I had been stockpiling them for months. Now that BC is pretty much gone, the accumulation should go way down.

I'm impressed at how you can tell one vodka from another. They all taste like rubbing alcohol to me. Shoot, I can't even tell rum from vodka from tequila. I just enjoy the frozen, fruity mixed drinks they represent.

Ces Adorio said...

I love buying liquor and wine and I don't even drink. I bought a wine encyclopedia so I can study them. Recycling is cool!